Agriculture is facing pressures today unlike any generation before. Solving these new challenges demands a radical new approach and a few breakthroughs in technology. Our team is seeking an Operations Specialist to play a key role in developing new techniques in computational agriculture.
As an Operations Specialist, you will be in charge of using one of our robotic platforms. You will transport and deploy the platform in nearby test fields on a schedule dictated by our experiment design. You will ensure the system is calibrated, and continuously monitor it’s operation throughout the day. You are also our onsite technician in the event that the platform malfunctions. At the end of each day, you will fill out your log books, and ensure that the data collected is being uploaded in a timely manner.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Deploying our robotic platform at test sites on a scheduled basis.
- On site technician to make repairs and/or modifications to the platform as necessary.
- Ensure data is being uploaded and logs being filled out in a timely manner.
- Ability to work outdoors for 8+ hours a day and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive short distances for work (and familiarity with towing a trailer a plus).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with basic home improvement tools (hammer, multimeter, etc).
- BSc. In Agricultural Science, Agricultural Engineering, or similar.
- Experience working in an R&D or rapid prototyping environment.
- Experience working in data collection.