The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years experience working with control systems in manufacturing and/or industrial environment. The position requires a combination of hands-on work, PLC programming, procurement, and design.
· PLC Programming (multiple platforms)
· Motion Control (Kinetix)
· Networking and Communication
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) Development
· Electrical Design
· Data Visualization and Reporting
A 4 year engineering degree is preferred but other candidates will be considered with applicable experience.
· Programming and testing of Programmable Logic Controllers for use in industrial and manufacturing automation using the standard set of IEC-1131 languages
· Commissioning and startup of new equipment
· HMI design and Programming
· Maintenance of data logging systems and automated report generation.
· Instrumentation and actuator selection and procurement
· Data Analysis and hands on troubleshooting of field failures
· Travel up to 25% (negotiable)
· Ability to adapt to change in a rapidly evolving work horizon and to initiate design during the concept phase of a project
The ability to conduct higher level software development is a complement to this skill but does not directly transfer into efficiently writing robust and safe PLC code in a production environment. Candidates with software development skills should also have the requisite control systems experience
Technical Skills -- Keyword Search (Helpful keywords below to source the profile)
Programming Languages – Structured Text, Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, and
Sequential Function Chart. (fluent with suite of IEC-1131 languages), VBA, Python, Matlab/Simulink, LabView. Comprehension – C, C++, C#, .NET, Fortran, Pascal.
SCADA Systems – FTView SE, FTView ME, Wonderware, RSView 32, Ignition. FTHistorian, FT Vantage Point, OSI.
PLCs – Rockwell (SoftLogix. PLC5, MicroLogix, SLC, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, GuardLogix), Schneider Modicon (Quantum, M340), Siemens (S7), GE/Fanuc, Beckhoff Twincat etc.
Networking – TCP/IP, DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, CAN, I2C, Modbus TCP/RTU, OPC, RS232, RS485, EtherCAT, PROFINET, Cisco/Rockwell Ringbus
Other – VMWare, Amazon Web Services EC2, AutoCad, Microsoft Office
Mandatory: 3 years experience doing control systems engineering
Desired: 4 year engineering degree