Finance Analyst (Retail)
- Job Code: 284536
- Location: Mt View, CA
- Hourly Pay Rate: $35/hr W2
- Contract Duration: (12 Months)
- Contractors with this client can be extended up to 2 years in length maximum.
- Start Date: Feb 2020
The Retail Marketing team’s goal is to bring the best innovation - from products and services to partnerships and brand experiences - to even more people around the world. Our team is a small group of entrepreneurs dedicated to delivering the ultimate pathways for customers to experience the magic. If you have a passion for creating amazing customer experiences and for technology - and want to join a fast-growing team as we embark on this revolutionary journey - then this might be the place for you.
You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and leadership to drive strategic financial planning, executive reporting, and operational execution. You will directly work with the Partner Marketing and S&O Team leads to enable work efficiencies and effectiveness
Top Daily Responsibilities:
1) Budget management / Financial operations:
- Work with retail partner managers and other cross functional team leads to develop and maintain plan of record (POR) for the Retail Marketing team. Manage daily management budget operations.
- Ensure teams are executing against these financial plans on time and on budget, with +/- 2% variance in a given quarter.
- Partner with Retail Analytics to run ad-hoc analyses and provide recommendations on projects and initiatives
- Provide executive commentary on any budget changes and status
2) Daily Operational execution:
- Own and drive financial and budget operations, including managing multiple team budget spreadsheets, training teams on order of operations for Purchase Orders, Statement of Work (SOW), Shipping Logistics, and Legal processes in partnership with business affairs team. You will work with cross-functional partners and Finance to drive and develop processes and ensure seamless execution of plans against the budget. Develop and maintain database of financial execution budget sheets
- Assist in developing communications (e.g., compile data in spreadsheets, develop presentations etc) for stakeholders on key retail marketing activities. This will include driving team-wide weekly & monthly reporting focused on both activity and impact.
- BA/BS degree in any field
- 3-5 years of experience in finance & budget management
- Solid foundation in using spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel) and highly proficient in SQL
- Detailed oriented
- High energy and ‘go getter’ attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Superb attention to Detail and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and high productivity
- Flexibility, teamwork and dedication