ALS Akima Logistics Services, LLC an Akima Company, provides the full spectrum of logistics services, ranging from performance-based and integrated logistics services (PBL & ILS), sustainment planning, material management, warehousing, and distribution to vehicle and equipment maintenance including legacy aircraft maintenance, sustainment, and transition support. ALS is also a major provider of role-player and foreign language speaking training support at U.S. Army installations across the nation. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our 14,300 Inupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
candidate will function as a Field Engineer with the THAAD Missile Defense
System and will assist the customer in the operation, maintenance, march-order,
and emplacement of the THAAD Fire Control & Communication (TFCC) Systems
and THAAD Launching Station in accordance with established Interactive
Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Technical Manuals (TMs), policies,
procedures, and processes. The candidate will be a member of a support
team and will perform all duties under direct supervision and cross-train to
gain proficiency working with other elements of the THAAD system.
This position is designated as Mission Essential with a requirement for worldwide deployments, and will require deployment training, military exercise participation, and other related training for the area of operations. The candidate will support military movement to a potentially hazardous zone, support any and all lead up events working overtime and nonstandard shifts, as necessary.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide field and sustainment level maintenance support to USG THAAD Fire Units.
- Support the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include scheduling services, system upgrades, and modifications.
- Perform all maintenance actions and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the Enhanced Operator/Maintainers (EOM) to include but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
- Create, update, and complete Maintenance Actions within allotted time and verify completeness and accuracy of maintenance reports.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Identify issues, develop, and submit investigation reports to assist program engineers with design changes.
- Maintain and sustain THAAD Training Devices and related software.
- Handle and inspect electrostatic sensitive devices.
- Support the customer's training programs through collaboration with our program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
- Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
- Establish trust and confidence by creating and maintaining open, candid lines of communication with the customer and partner companies & agencies.