Lockwood Hills, an Akima Company, provides critical mission support services for federal civilian and military operations. With four areas of proven expertise, Lockwood Hills can conquer the operational challenges of any federal mission from remote installations stateside to secure locations overseas. Our work includes safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircraft, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our 14,300 Inupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Description of Task:
- Installs, modifies, and repairs new and existing high-pressure piping systems and equipment such as, steam-heating, steam generation, and hydraulic systems, steam generators, flash and expansion tanks, condensate, vacuum, and circulating pumps, and radiators.
- Works from building plans, blueprints, and sketches to plan and lay out the routing, placement, pitch, elevation, pressure reduction, expansion, and operation of various piping systems and equipment.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs systems like those described above by setting up system routes, placing and cutting route openings, placing hangers for proper pitch and elevation, and determining and installing such things as risers, flexible branches, expansion joints, pumps, gauges, and pressure regulators in the combination needed to support the pressures of the systems and that ensure the proper operation of the systems. Installs equipment such as, high-pressure piping systems and equipment such as, steam-heating, steam generation, and hydraulic systems, steam generators, flash and expansion tanks, condensate, vacuum, and circulating pumps, and radiators, by planning and completing the routing and placement of systems leading to the equipment,
determining and placing the equipment at the proper levels and points in the systems, and joining, sealing, and testing systems and equipment for proper pressures, leak-free joints, and operation.
- Plans and lays out the installation, modification, and repair of various new and existing piping systems and equipment. For example, lays out and installs various kinds of piping, risers, and flexible branches at the proper level and incline; determine the placement and elevation and install steam generators, vacuum and condensate pumps, and radiators; and replace heat exchangers, flash and expansion tanks, and automatic and manual control valves.
- Makes repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms, and where the systems and equipment worked on are in hard-to-reach places.
- The work involves standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. May handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh over 50 pounds.
- The work is done inside and outside, and is usually dirty, dusty, and greasy. May be required to make installations and repairs in areas where bad smelling fumes are present.
- There is frequent exposure to the possibility of uncomfortable heat conditions.
- The work may involve exposure to the possibility of strains,
cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, and infections.
- May occasionally be exposed to the possibility of broken bones.
- Three years' similar experience.
- Journey level skill and knowledge to independently install, modify, and repair new and existing high-pressure piping systems and equipment such as, steam-heating, steam generation, and hydraulic systems, steam generators, flash and expansion tanks, condensate, vacuum systems, radiators and circulating pumps.
- Knowledge of how relief valves, check valves, pressure regulators, expansion joints, and other pressure supporting and controlling devices are installed and how they operate to control increases and decreases in pressure, flow, circulation, and expansion in the systems.
- Ability to plan and lay out the installation, modification, and repair of various new and existing piping systems and equipment.
- Ability to interpret and apply building plans and blueprints, and, use shop mathematics to lay out angles, arcs, and circles.
- Skill in figuring pipe, joint, and valve sizes needed to support pressures of systems, aligning pipes, valves, fittings, and joints for accurate match, and installing proper braces and supports to control movement and vibration and allow for expansion and contraction.
- Skill in the use of tools and equipment such as sliding squares, measuring tapes, dividers, chalk lines, plumb bobs, templates, star drills, grinders, flangers, hand and power pipe threaders and cutters, and pipe wrenches.
- Valid state driver's license for operation of any vehicle with a GVW rating of 26,000 lbs. or less.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical or trade school ...