Vice President of Category Management
Job Id: 5086
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Responsible for strategically leading and directing assigned department/categories to maximize sales growth & profitability.
- Drive performance of assigned department/categories through the development of category plans to increase sales, assortment to meet customer needs, appropriate floor plan/planogram, and balanced approach to pricing and effective product flow.
- Key decision influencer.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with various functions to effectively drive and execute business initiatives.
- Direct field sales team and work closely with Operations to implement programs to optimize results.
- Develop and nurture strategic vendor alliances required to identify synergies, promote mutual growth, maximize resources, ensure consumer focus and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Exemplify inspirational leadership and executive maturity that demonstrates and instills a positive, creative and productive work environment that supports individual growth.
- Develop long-term category/department business plan strategies, road-maps, merchandising and action plans to assist Category Managers and Field Team in the execution of the category management and to achieve profitable growth in the portfolio.
- Create goals that achieve financial objectives and support the strategic visions of the department(s) and organization.
- Oversee department(s) daily and weekly functions to ensure functions are completed accurately and on time.
- Work with Store Operations teams to align labor and shrink models to ensure proper Divisional execution.
- Direct the creation and execution of procurement, replenishment and inventory management strategies across all Divisions (Fresh Only).
- Conduct regular visits with stores, suppliers, and distribution partners; direct field merchandising to best understand and respond to needs/opportunities for assigned categories/department.
- Cross-functionally support and represent Merchandising as needed by the business.
- Institute methods and processes to constantly improve customer perceptions of the category, manage strategies to consumer insights for quality and image.
- Partner and provide strategic guidance to the private brand development strategy.
- Respond to food safety issues as they arise within the department and implement preventative actions.
- Continuously evaluate category financial and operational performance against goals and assert corrective strategic action as required.
- Manage compliance (memorandums and regulatory compliance).
- Ensure service performance metrics are negotiated and hold vendors accountable to agreements — sales, service levels, funding, marketing, and compliance for vendors.
- Assess supplier capabilities and suitability.
- Work cross functionally with logistics and suppliers to identify best supply chain management principles.
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, train and develop team to make decisions within their scope of responsibility.
- Provide inspirational leadership to guide merchandising teams toward operational excellence.
- Be aware of in-stock position at the shelf and take appropriate action with supply chain if below standard (Center Store teams only)
- BA/BS degree required in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. Master’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a procurement role with extensive food & beverage contract and category management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years of business experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) with a focus on category management (mandatory), business analytics and/or shopper insights.
- Experience with execution of procurement, replenishment and inventory management strategies across all Divisions (Fresh Only).
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements.
- The ability to interact with executives and stakeholders at all levels of organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and developing staff.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PTO
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.