Vice President of Business Development
San Francisco, CA
Job Id: 5574
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Sales planning.
- Refine and execute company's GTM and business development strategy.
- Develop company's client pipeline, with an eye on creating multi-industry long-term recurring revenue streams.
- Test, qualify, and adjust the strategy and approach, including margins and quality and quantity of products in the enterprise service package, while managing client expectations and feedback.
- Prioritize organizational and resource level options.
- Serve as primary contact and sales manager to top-target clients.
- Work with the executive team to help prioritize business development and client engagements.
- Create and oversee channels of client feedback.
- Manage and improve performance analytics systems and tools.
- Create processes and identify resources and tools to ensure data is digested into useful analysis and absorbed to help guide overall strategy.
- Produce monthly reports to highlight implications and suggest actions for remediation/ improvement.
- Deliver quarterly analyses of sales performance (e.g., attainment, growth).
- Oversee research strategy and application of research and analysis to ensure it informs overall sales strategy.
- Constantly learn about the industry, our clients, and external global events that affect sales opportunities and cycles.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of experience as a highly networked business development leader.
- Must have experienced in negotiating and executing 6 and 7-figure contracts.
- Knowledgeable about the Business Development side of the consulting industry.
- Smart and resourceful with lots of raw horsepower.
- Organized and metric-oriented.
- Self-starters and team players, also comfortable executing a challenging process with minimal guidance or resources.
- Desire to engage in the entire process to gain context and have full visibility of opportunities and execute.
- Need to communicate well with internal high-profile experts and clients, and internal teams (e.g., engineers, lawyers, execs, former high-ranking officials, etc,)
- Bold in selling new deal terms.
- Ability to push the envelope on what's possible and willing to make bold deals happen.
- Able to get stuff done. Have a history of closing multiple complex deals with creative or aggressive terms, under tight deadlines.
- Ability to shepherd all internal and external stakeholders through various phases of a deal (ideation, pitching, negotiating, structuring, closing, implementing).
- Ability to think through every upsell opportunity and read every contract, including the legal language in order to catch buried and unexpected clauses and to think through the implications of what the contract says.
- Can easily switch between tasks, a variety of clients, and types of deals.
- Able to quickly assess a situation to come up with a creative solution to the terms that meets both company and client needs.
- Can remain in the weeds while also contributing to a long term business development strategy but can be comfortable with the constant evolution of that strategy.
- Able to pick up and grok key legal nuances, event without an overt legal background.
- Able to understand client and market needs.
- Understand what clients really want (versus what they claim they want), as well as trends in the industry that may impact their company.
- Able to work well across the company and community.
- Focused on mission, team, and company. Ability to serve as a leader, help keep morale high, and help us cultivate strong work ethic and an inclusive and respectful company culture.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PTO
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.
Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree?
How many years of experience do you have in Business Development?
Any experience negotiating & executing 6 and 7-figure contracts?
Any knowledgeable on business side of the consulting industry?
Have you closed multiple complex deals?
Do you understand the legalities of the business?