Job Id: 4943
Are you looking to make a career change to a stable company? This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K, paid PTO, tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspections.
- Follow schedules and completes all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance as needed.
- Perform complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests.
- Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
- Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in an out of the garage for repairs and maintenance.
- On occasions will be required to drive.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 100lbs) including brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when necessary.
- Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack and Jack stands, Sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner and other hand tools required to perform work.
- Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
- Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
- Maintains tools and work places so that conditions are neat and orderly.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety provisions associated with vehicle maintenance.
- Understands OSHA standards and provisions.
- Understands and conforms to State EPA regulations regarding disposal of toxic waste substances.
- High School Diploma or specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses.
- 2+ years of experience as a mechanic in an automotive, school bus, trucking or heavy equipment environment.
- Possession of a valid CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement is preferred.
- Ability to safely lift over 50 lbs.
- Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance.
- Knowledge of tools, procedures, technical skills and safety rules used in the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and alternative powered equipment.
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Operational knowledge of motorized gasoline, diesel and alternative fueled vehicles, and shop equipment and tools.
- Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished.
- Inspection of equipment and diagnose mechanical defects.
- ASE Certification(s) a plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid PTO
Ask for Bhavna
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.