Ajilon Totowa, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a dedicated Purchasing Agent to join our procurement team. The Purchasing Agent reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for identifying suppliers, researching goods and services, and processing purchase orders.
To be successful as a Purchasing Agent you should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals. Ultimately, an outstanding Purchasing Agent has a keen sense of business and maintains meticulous transaction records.
Purchasing Agent Responsibilities:
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
- Maintaining records of all transactions, purchase quotes and orders.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 2-4 years prior experience as a Purchasing Agent or in a similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to function both independently and in a team setting
- Observant, analytical, inquisitive and attentive
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures
- Critical thinking and resourcefulness to solve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, manufacturers, and co-workers
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Purchasing Agent Requirements:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.ajilon.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
BusinessView all jobs at Ajilon