Great opportunity to immediately have an impact as the Payroll & Benefits Manager of this non-profit service organization. This position directly supervising a staff including Payroll & Benefits Specialists. Key to this role will be the willingness to have a "hands-on approach" in working with the payroll and benefits team. The responsibilities of the role include executing and validating bi-weekly gross to net pay calculations, ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions. This position also manages the administration of all employee benefit programs, including health, dental, vision, retirement and other programs consistent with federal, state and local mandates, including enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment.
- Leads and participates in the processes to ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay and/or company liability.
- Responsible for payroll/benefits administration, reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
- Administer benefit programs and consult with relevant stake-holders on all insurance and 403(b) matters.
- Interface with outside benefits consultants, vendors, insurance carrier representatives and employees; develop and provide census data to benefits broker; produce company cost information for new plans and make associated recommendations to executive management.
- Effectively develop, communicate and streamline processes, programs and practices to create efficiencies and ease-of-use for employee
- Serve as subject matter expert for benefit programs and be well versed in administration requirements for all benefits plans (e.g. medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefits offerings, and 403(b)), in accordance with plan documents policies and procedures
- Manage 403(b) retirement program, including eligibility, enrollment and participant education
- Stay informed and up-to-date on legislative changes impacting employee benefits and proactively manage processes, programs and practices to stay compliant.
- Maintain payroll and benefits records in accordance with prescribed rules regarding confidentiality and retention.
- Serve as the contact person for all payroll and benefits audits; responsible for ensuring that all requested files, data and explanations are provided.
- 5 + years of experience in managing Payroll/Benefits teams (non-profit experience is strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resource
- Ability to maintain 100% confidentiality and professionalism with payroll and personnel information
- Benefits management experience in planning, research, policy development and plan design to include health and wellness benefits, as well as retirement plans (preferably a 403(b) retirement plan)
- Experience and good command of benefit databases, payroll and time-keeping systems, and HRIS (preferably UltiPro)
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee payroll and benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, workers' compensation, Medicare, and Social Security, as well as Wage & Hour and DOL requirements
- Ability to manage vendors, inclusive of invoice review and processing
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software as required, with the ability to navigate and manage employee benefits changes on multiple carrier websites
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Thorough knowledge of Gross to Net Payroll and General Accounting Principles
- Strong analytical skills; extremely organized and detailed oriented
If you are interested in this full time opportunity with solid benefits email your resume to email@example.com and call 626.404.0850