Member Service Representative
We are actively seeking to fill a long term Member Service Representative position in Sacramento, CA. This is a contract to hire opportunity with a very well-established healthcare organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service and strong attention to detail.
- Respond to all member inquiries related to Commercial, Exchange, and/or Individual plans via telephone, email, chat, or fax.
- Assist members, providers, brokers, and plan partners with claims-related billing questions and issues as needed.
- Work with inter and intra-department staff to help resolve member issues to ensure resolution within prescribed timeframes.
- Accurately record and refer appeals and grievances according to department protocols and procedures.
- Meet department standards related to performance and attendance.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Use tact, discretion, and courtesy while interacting with clients, the public, and other encounters in the course of work.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a call center.
- Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO, is a plus.
- Basic computer skills, including electronic mail, routine databases, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
Skills and Abilities
If you are interested in this Member Service Representative please apply now for immediate consideration or email your resume directly to me at andrew.walsh@acco The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.