Ajilon Fontana, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will go at least 3 months
Bilingual Spanish REQUIRED
Manufacturing or distribution experience req'd
Must be very knowledgeable with FMLA and COVID
The Human Resources Generalist partners with plant leadership to strategically and tactically address supervisory, management and employee needs. This role may support 2-3 locations. Working under the Human Resources Manager and with the HR team members, to actively contribute to programs and processes in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, performance management, onboarding and off boarding, organizational development, FMLA/CFRA leaves of absence, and compliance of all State/Federal laws and all government agency requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model professional behavior that demonstrates the TST Core values in the areas of can-do attitude, passion, do the right thing, improvement, hard working/committed, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Guide leaders and employees regarding Company policies, core values, HR programs and interpretation.
- Conducts investigations of workplace policy violations and mediates difficult employee relations issues.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations (FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA).
- Assists leadership in performance management and developing effective pipeline and succession plans.
- Fosters a positive, diverse and inclusive culture through education, communication and initiatives.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying plans and objectives and meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- Plans/conducts new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Administers Internal Job Posting program in conjunction with the HR Manager and department managers.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continual improvement in efficiency of HR services.
- Prepares reports, data, input and analysis to measure HR performance.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications; administers and tracks leaves of absence in accordance with state and federal leave laws.
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of human resources to mitigate risk.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Responds to unemployment claims, disability claims, etc.
- Monitors completion of training schedules to ensure on time completion of training; ensures training records are complete and available to internal and external auditors.
- Assists with preparing and administering various training programs; administers “Job Certification” program at the site level.
- Coordinates and leads special projects within the department.
- Assists with coordination of company meetings and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by HR Manager
- Actively handle Worker’s Compensation claims
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- HR certification preferred.
- A minimum of two years as HR Generalist or four years in HR related experience
- Experience practicing HR in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred.
- Experience in a rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Understand importance of HR data quality, know HR data standards, and enforce standards in day-to-day activities; the ability to research and analyze various different type of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations.
- Must be self motivated with a strong desire to excel and drive results.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present his/her point of view in varied business situations.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and HRIS/ADP is required.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
While performing normal duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations will be made to individuals with disabilities according to legal requirements
While performing regular duties the employee works in a normal office environment exposed to electrical equipment. Noise level is moderate. Reasonable accommodations will be made to individuals with disabilities according to legal requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.ajilon.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
BusinessView all jobs at Ajilon