We are seeking a long-term, experienced Freight and Import Specialist with extensive prior work experience in imports. The preferred candidate will possess a well-versed knowledge of customs regulations, tariffs and classifications and a current US Customs broker’s license would be preferred. Candidate must also be willing to actively participate in continuing education of themselves, employees and customers. Attention to detail and willingness to learn are essential qualities. Candidate must be accommodating to different cultures and willing to work with people that may possess few English-speaking skills.
· Promote and ensure strong team environment.
· Continual desire to learn & expand international knowledge through trade magazines programs, training, etc.
· Ability to keep up with fast paced changes in the international logistics environment,
· Ability to carefully nurture both knowledgeable and beginner international shippers by effectively expressing the employee and Our client’ s knowledge base.
· Strong computer skills which includes ability to type 35 words per minute and efficient use of windows, MS Office, MAC OSX, Adobe, Cargowise One, etc.
· Attend and participate in weekly dept meetings.
· Contribute to the daily processing of Customs entries.
· Monitor/handle import shipments from start to finish with adherence to quality standards.
· Ensure that shipments are setup in a timely fashion; pickup requests are sent overseas as soon as clients request service.
· Ensure that all shipments have daily internal and client visible notes updates from time service is requested and file opened to POD.
· Ensure agents are providing quotes prior to service initiation. For Our client’ s routed shipments, ensure ops is requesting net-net and providing profit shares and that they are in line with any applicable customer quote.
· Ensure carnets, licenses, etc. are properly maintained, tracked and returned to clients.
· Technical assistance for account executives as needed.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ensure vendor compliance with Our client service standards.
· Maintaining vendor relationships.
· Servicing vendor requests.
· Ensure Our client’ s compliance with the relevant regulatory agencies.
· Develop beneficial working relationships with the agencies.
· Assist Director of Compliance as needed for any issues related to import compliance (Customs, Bonded Warehouse, CTPAT, etc.)
· Direct quote preparation as needed.
· Strong customer service skills which will help retain and develop new customers.
· Provide and ensure constant compliance with Our client’ s mission to ensure The Ultimate Customer Experience.
· Document assistance.
· Minimum 2 years of industry experience with imports in a freight forwarding environment.
· Daily Responsibilities include complete management of the import supply chain process for Our client's freight forwarding clientele.
*Please apply directly or send your resume to Delanie.firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!