Position supports Manager, Procurement Operations in day to day activities and is a key-problem solver for the business user for procurement related interfacing, processes, and systems. The Procurement Operations Specialist is responsible for working with Suppliers and Category Managers to on-board and manage relationships through the Ariba Network. The Specialist will assist the Department and its Buyers on ad hoc projects, contract management, and providing analytics and presentations as needed. The specialist will assist in administering the Ariba system and supplier relationship management of Purdue suppliers in the Ariba network. Additional responsibilities include Vendor Master collaboration with Accounts Payable, and Procurement/Ariba intranet management.
· Manages contract execution workflow through DocuSign, obtain signatures and maintain vendor agreements.
· Addresses procure-to-pay inquiries from the business groups.
· Maintains Purdue office copier program – managing leases, maintaining equipment & supplies.
· Assists Manager on Travel and Expense systems and processes, and corporate credit card program.
· Researches invoice issues and discrepancies; works closely with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice and purchase order issues.
· Works closely with DCG to ensure vendor master data accuracy.
· Works closely with Finance to provide PO maintenance as requested.
· Understands Procurement systems and processes and provides assistance to users.
· Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory and procurement policies and procedures.
· Assists in maintaining a strategic sourcing program for high-volume procurement areas, such as office supplies, and other categories.
· Assists in developing data analytics and other reporting on spend and procurement metrics.
- Participates in developing presentations on conclusions from dept analytics and resulting recommendations for leadership.
- Supports special projects as requested by Procurement buyers and Procurement department.
Education and Experience:
· BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or related area
· 4+ years of progressive experience in a procurement/purchasing department in a highly technical, dynamic and complex multi-site environment,
· Must have experience with contract management and purchasing/sourcing goods and supplies.
· Experience with negotiation and managing a budget is preferred.
· Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiarity with on-line and web-based requisition and procurement systems, e-based commercial exchanges and other related technologies. SAP/Ariba experience preferred.
· Positive, proactive professional with excellent communication skills
· Team player, enjoys collaborating within the dept and across the organization.
· Strong time management and excellent organizational skills.
· Strong experience in Power Point and Excel.
Aita Consulting Services Inc.