Project Engineer - Powertrain
- Expired: October 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Project Engineer - Powertrain
Company: Aisin Technical Center of America
Department: Product Evaluation Group
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Aisin Group Overview:
AISIN Corporation is the world's fifth largest Tier One supplier of automotive components and systems such as brakes, transmissions, navigation systems, drivetrain, chassis, body, engine-related parts, electronics, and intelligent parking systems. A $35 billion company, AISIN is the largest manufacturer of automatic transmissions in the world and employs more than 120,000 team members at 216 consolidated companies.
Chances are, the vehicle you're riding in is equipped with an Aisin product.
Plans, performs, and analyzes development tests to ensure functionality, durability, and safety of Automotive Transmissions and related systems under the direction of engineering management by performing the following duties:
- Devise and apply testing procedures to validate transmission products
- Plan test schedules by working with local and Japan based engineering teams
- Guide and direct technicians on aspects of test set-up, running, and monitoring
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Analyze test results and inspect test samples to judge the conformity with both Aisin and customer requirements
- Identify problems and areas for improvement throughout the product development cycle
- Work closely with the customer to resolve development issues and to reach final test approval
- Perform daily (email) communication with Japan based personnel related to test status and planning
- Prepare final test reports and documentation of test results
- Plans, attends, and leads periodic vehicle testing trips within the USA
- Conduct testing at local and remote sites as required
- Procure, manage, prepare, and control vehicles under evaluation
- Prepare, manage, and execute presentations and meetings internally and at customer sites as required
- Evaluate and benchmark competitor products to help identify improvement areas and technology trends
- Deploy 5s methodology and health and safety policies
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply engineering principles to test methods and analysis
- Knowledge of basic operational principals of automobiles and their sub-assemblies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Be able to interpret data, identify issues and make recommendations based on data
- Understanding data acquisition principles and instrumentation
- Understanding use and operation of sensors such as accelerometers, strain gages, pressure sensors, thermal couples, etc.
- The candidate shall be very organized, detail oriented, able to work with limited supervision, meet deadlines, and communicate with all stakeholders timely and appropriately
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Chauffeurs or OEM proving grounds driver's license
- Knowledge in basic noise, vibration, harshness (NVH)
- Knowledge in basic software coding (MATLAB preferred) and control systems logic
- Willingness or ability to participate in long term training off site
- Hybrid and Electric vehicle systems knowledge
- Knowledge of CAN bus protocol and communication basics
- Japanese language skills
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Major in Mechanical, Electrical or Automotive related)
Work Environment Requirements
- Must be able to operate a personal computer, phone, and other office equipment
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must perform job duties onsite, except those duties that are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (for example, offsite customer visits)
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment where constructive criticism is encouraged
- Must be able to work on multiple assignments at once, and complete assignments within deadline and budget (if applicable) with satisfactory quality
- Must be able to operate as an effective team member
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all company safety policies
Attendance/Work Hour Requirements
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be willing and available to work such weekends and holidays as necessary and desirable to meet business needs
- Approximately 10%
- Must be willing and available to travel to such locations and with such frequency as is necessary and desirable to meet business needs.
**Candidates applying for positions with Aisin must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
**To the selected candidate, Aisin offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and outstanding growth opportunities
**Aisin is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aisin Technical Center of America
TechnologyView all jobs at Aisin Technical Center of America
Get fresh Powertrain Control Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.