Airport Home Appliance Inc is searching for a dynamic Distribution Center Operations Manager – in the Bay Area based in Hayward. The DC Manager is embedded in the operation and dedicated to being the best; to standing at the line of action and taking charge of a busy distribution center and making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and committed to excellence. You will oversee the team to fine tune processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you demand for yourself. This is a high-volume operation that calls for hyper-attentiveness to detail always, the ability to communicate clearly, set expectations, and lead with passion.
Our retail locations serve bedding and major appliance customers who expect superior service from first impression to home delivery/installation.
The DC Operations Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations but will work closely with several other team members throughout all stages of daily operations in the warehouse environment. They will be responsible for the execution of the facility delivery team including but not limited to; inbound receiving and back stocking, order routing and picking, contractor management, and customer service. The DC Operations Manager is responsible for daily planning, organizing, controlling and managing the over-all operations of delivery and return orders. The DC Operations Manager must excel in a High-Volume Appliance and Mattress Delivery Operation. This person must be one who can write and execute processes in the most efficient manner. They must be able to handle a very fast paced, highly dynamic, and dead-line driven work place environment.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance / Dental Insurance / Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Being part of a collaborative team that makes an impact
- Flexibility in schedules when available
- Provide the necessary communication and support between customers, suppliers and independent contractors regarding operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and expected level of service.
- Manage the planning and coordination in executing order assembly and dispatch of product.
- Provided the efficient utilization of delivery team capacity and mechanical handling of equipment, ensuring quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives were met.
- Manage a P&L by operating the business within budgeted guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Manage contractual agreements and key performance indicators set forth by the client.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities and procedures.
- Manage the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to Independent Contractors and customers; Reported on issues as needed to ensure complaints were addressed and resolved to client satisfaction.
- Utilize site operating systems to ensure daily execution of planned activities.
- Manage the recruitment and training of staff and IC’s, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
- Conduct weekly client meetings to report and evaluate the quality of service received, providing solutions for continuous improvement.
- Ensure driver safety and compliance, loading in a safe manner and requirements were being met.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred but not required; Completion of a college program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a supervisory/management role; experience in a large distribution center strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships (vendors, warehousing, sales and upper management)
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet our customer’s needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high integrity
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of operating and routing software
- Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and complete repetitive tasks for complete shift.
- 5 year(s): Supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided
- Must be able to work while standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling for at last 8 hours a day
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
This employer may have workplace chemicals/products known to the State of California to cause Cancer, Birth Defects and/or Reproductive Harm.