As a member of our retail store team, you are at the center of our organization. You help the store sales teams answer calls from customers, follow up with customers as needed, respond to customer phone inquiries about order status, and other duties as assigned.
You will be expected to provide excellent customer service, work quickly to respond to store team inquiries, and have excellent phone communication skills.
This job is located at our Hayward showroom. This position would primarily work Monday - Friday, with occasional weekend shifts a few times a year.
Airport Home Appliance & Mattress is the largest independent appliance and mattress retailer in Northern California. We’ve been locally owned and operated for over 38 years, and while we’ve grown a lot over the years - we’re still a “small”, friendly, knowledgeable team with a personal approach to sales/service. People travel from all over Northern California to shop with us for three reasons - we have a bigger SELECTION than anyone else, we have better PRICE than even the big box stores, and we have the most knowledgeable PEOPLE. For these reasons, our stores keep getting busier while others close the doors.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
JOB DUTIES / TASKS
- Act as the primary day-to-day contact with customer and staff phone, email, and on retail showroom
- Manage project timelines and task lists
- Ability to understand and identify opportunities and communicated with Store Management
- Understand and manage the execution of tasks delegated by Store Manager
- Display positivity in all engagements with other staff, and clients
- Manage multiple tasks
- Meet timeline for company operation cut off times.
- Identify process challenges and work with Store Manager
- Attend and participate in Sales development Zoom, Webinars when time allows
- Ensure the client is satisfied with the delivery or sales experience
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone or in person and connects customers to sales team, management, or other departments
- Assists store team in contacting customers at end of day for delivery confirmation
- Communicates with appropriate departments regarding customer issues and resolutions
- Provides general administrative support to store managers and other departments as needed
- Assists in the upkeep of store signage by printing, cutting, and placing price tags on merchandise
- Adheres to company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Communicates any needs or activities that may threaten security and safety of people, cash, stock, and work premise to minimize losses and accidents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possess a customer-oriented mindset and positive attitude
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-directed, independent, and result-oriented
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential
- Ability to see where improvements can be made and take initiative
- 3-5 Years of related experience required
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate issues verbally and in writing to clients, associates, and management.
- Ability to achieve a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the Client Service team
- Ability to handle many issues, items, and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Ability to set and prioritize goals and achieve them as scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrate the ability to act on your own initiative.
- Ability and willingness to take direction from superiors.
- Ability and willingness to provide suggestions and direction to employees.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This employer may have workplace chemicals/products known to the State of California to cause Cancer, Birth Defects and/or Reproductive Harm.
People travel from all over Northern California to shop with us for three reasons - we have a bigger SELECTION than anyone else, we have better PRICE than even the big box stores, and we have the most knowledgeable PEOPLE. For these reasons, our stores keep getting busier while others close the doors.