LOCATION: Hayward, CA
As a member of driver team, you keep our organization connected.Your attention to detail and careful execution ensure our stores get the supplies and inventory they need. Your commitment to safety and adherence to all laws, regulations, and commercial driving best practices keeps yourself, your team members, and the public safe.
You will be expected to provide excellent customer service, work diligently to meet operation demands, and support the rest of your team.
You will transport and deliver non-HAZMAT products in the greater Bay Area, and be responsible for operating a commercial Class C 15’ to 26’ truck. You will verify loads and shipping papers, maintain a record of duty status according to federal & state regulations, and perform pre/post-trip vehicle inspections
This job is located at our Product Distribution Center at 3525 Arden Road, Hayward, CA, 94545. Must be willing to work Tuesday - Saturday.
Airport Home Appliance & Mattress is the largest independent appliance and mattress retailer in Northern California. We’re been locally owned and operated for over 36 years, and while we’ve grown a lot over the years - we’re still a “small”, friendly, knowledgeable team with a personal approach to sales/service. People travel from all over Northern California to shop with us for three reasons - we have a bigger SELECTION than anyone else, we have better PRICE than even the big box stores, and we have the most knowledgeable PEOPLE. For these reasons, our stores keep getting busier while others close the doors.
- Must possess a California Class C driver's license
- Must be capable of safely operating vehicle in all situations, including operation of the lift gate for loading and unloading
- Must be able to properly move material and product according to best-practices using relevant material handling equipment
- Must professionally represent the company thru responsible driving, presentable appearance, and comply with all safety and delivery requirements
- Must have the ability to handle POD, read maps, road signs and maintain record of DAR.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, - inspection and maintenance
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the DOT
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test
- Must satisfactorily pass a alcohol test (if applicable)
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
JOB DUTIES / TASKS
- Adheres to company procedures, rules and regulations
- Interacts with the entire staff and maintains good relationships with coworkers
- Communicates any needs, concerns, or activities that may threaten security and safety of people, cash, stock, and work premise to minimize losses and accidents
- Inspects truck for defects, damage, or other issues, to ensure safe operating condition at all times, and report on the status of company vehicles at the end of day
- Read, understand, and verify shipping papers to ensure proper handling of your loads
- Drive under all conditions safely, including tight areas, inclement weather, heavy traffic, and other difficult situations
- Promptly report any issues which may delay assigned duties, such as breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, emergencies, or any other irregularities
- Immediately report any and all accidents involving coworkers, the public, or company equipment
- Operate assigned company vehicle for up to 11 hours, or as DOT rules and other regulations allow
- Operate light and heavy equipment as needed; e.g. hand trucks, dollies, forklifts, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This employer may have workplace chemicals/products known to the State of California to cause Cancer, Birth Defects and/or Reproductive Harm.