Airport Authority Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: March 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Fleet Manager will help:
- Supervise and evaluate the work performance and work process of the Heavy and Light mechanics.
- Prioritize, assign and distribute work tasks, projects, and assignments to mechanics.
- Manage area of responsibility in strict accordance with applicable laws, regulations and established policy, including union agreements, to ensure fair and standardized treatment of employees.
- Recommend and implement approved disciplinary and / or corrective action.
- Ensure mechanics have the proper materials, tools and equipment to complete work tasks, projects, and assignments; Plans and adjusts work schedules in accordance with workload and high priority assignments.
- Develop, establish, and implement fleet management work rules and regulations, and safety policies and procedures.
- Plan, review, update, and ensure compliance with Preventive Maintenance Program, including but not limited to periodic disinfecting for all vehicles and equipment; maintains visible and accurate PM/service board for the benefit of all supervisors.
- Maintain and update fleet asset list as necessary.
- Submit annual budget needs for the Fleet Maintenance Section to Superintendent. update position
- Assist the update position Superintendent with the evaluation, preparation and presentation of the Annual Capital Equipment budget;
- Analyze and prepare cost reports for vehicle labor. maintenance and operating costs;
- Develop short and long-range maintenance goals for vehicle and equipment.
- Maintain records and prepares reports through Authority’s internal system and Microsoft Office.
- Inspect or observe the inspection of assigned vehicles and equipment to ensure proper and safe operations including estimated longevity; take action to ensure observed deficiencies are corrected and necessary maintenance is performed.
- Maintain lifetime vehicle record and file for each piece of equipment and Authority vehicle.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required by Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Laws; keep record of state and emission inspections for all vehicles.
- Responsible for reporting conditions of fleet equipment to the update position Superintendent of Field Maintenance for necessary replacements to the Fleet.
- Formulate and prepare specifications for the purchase of new Fleet equipment and vehicles.
- Recommend and prepare vehicles for auction.
- Oversee and maintain computerized fuel dispensing system.
- Oversee the operation and training of all new Authority vehicles and equipment.
- Provide training and / or technical assistance
- Manage new vehicle customization process within established timeframe.
- Responsible for vendor management.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Fleet Manager role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate goals and objectives to the team; Listens for understanding first with peers, superiors and subordinates
- Strategic Thinking – Able to problem-solve for short-term (quarterly) challenges to accomplish key goals; Able to develop plans to achieve efficient, on-time results
- Team Builder – Lead and anticipate the pace and process of change effectively; Drive talent development as a team and individually; Takes accountability for team results; Recognizes and rewards excellence on the team
- Customer Centricity - Motivates team to identify new ways to improve customer experience; Identifies systemic improvements that could positively impact customers
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Fleet Manager role are:
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration or Engineering from an accredited college or university, or a Trade School certification, or a satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Six to seven years’ experience in fleet management including inventory and parts management; procurement practices and Three to five years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to maintain a valid Pennsylvania Class A driver’s license, Pennsylvania State Inspection license and PA State Emissions throughout employment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and JDEdwards.
- Must provide his/her own personal protective footwear (Safety shoes)
- Must adhere to ACAA guidelines set forth by the Department of Maintenance Dress Code and Personal Protective Equipment policy.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Airport Authority