Veterinary Technician I
- $20 to $25 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Certified Veterinary Technician in beautiful Duluth, MN
Airport Animal Hospital in Duluth, MN is currently accepting applications for a Certified Veterinary Technician position.
Airport Animal Hospital is a very busy, growing companion animal practice serving the Duluth & Hermantown area of northeastern Minnesota at the head of Lake Superior for over 40 years. Our current team includes 5 DVMs, 2 receptionists, 11 veterinary technicians and assistants, and a hospital administrator. Our doctors and support staff work in a collaborative and supportive way to help maximize the effectiveness of our team for the good of our patients, our clients, and each other. Our regular hours of operation are 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. In July of 2018 we finished a complete remodel and expansion of our veterinary hospital and are enjoying the many wonderful benefits that our new, larger facility offers. We have a very modern and well-equipped hospital including digital radiology, digital dental radiology, ultrasound, and laser therapy unit. We enjoy regularly working with board certified specialists locally and regionally who help make the highest level of care and expertise readily available to our clients and patients.
The primary responsibilities of our veterinary technicians include:
· Working in our clinical lab collecting patient samples and running diagnostic tests
· Managing anesthesia cases and otherwise assisting DVMs during surgical procedures
· Providing compassionate and attentive nursing care and treatments to patients
· Patient handling for physical exams and treatments
· Providing clear and accurate client education and communication in accordance with hospital policies and recommendations.
Key attributes needed for success include:
· Dependability and strong work ethic
· Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with coworkers.
· A commitment to supporting and contributing to a positive team and workplace culture.
· A strong desire and commitment to provide high quality and compassionate care to our patients & clients.
· High personal integrity and professionalism
Graduation from an accredited veterinary technology program is required. Applicants with no veterinary technology training will not be considered. Applicants must be able to lift and carry up to forty pounds of weight safely and without assistance.
Compensation & Benefits:
Wage is commensurate with education & training, work experience, skill level and knowledge base demonstrated; currently $20-25 per hour. Full time employee benefits also include:
· Earned paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
· Sponsored continuing education opportunities
· Medical and Dental insurance contributions as well as opportunity for Vision and Life Insurance
· 401k w/ employer match
· Discounted personal pet care, including free annual Wellness exams and services for up to 3 pets
Airport Animal HospitalHermantown, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.