Configuration Engineering Support Technician
Airmar Technology Corporation Milford, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision and in collaboration with the Configuration Manager, applies knowledge and skills to assist in the development of new configurations for existing products and provides continuous improvement in the manufacturing process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update drawings, work instructions and product specifications jointly with Configuration Engineers, Design Engineers, LAB personnel and Production.
- Assists with the development of wiring diagrams and cable assembly drawings for new and existing products.
- Create and maintain product specifications for products upon customer request.
- Create and modify 2D and 3D drawings ranging from easy to more difficult.
- Develops and Maintains Work Instructions and Bills of Materials for configurations jointly with Configuration Engineers, Design Engineers, LAB personnel and Production.
- Responsible for CR review and approval in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the assignment of new product part numbers in collaboration with the sales department.
- Responsible for the creation of same as except for configurations for existing products per sales/marketing/customer requests, as required.
- Write Engineering CO’s, and update drawings after CO approvals and hot walk CO’s as needed.
- Participates in design reviews as required.
- Participates in First article (FAAR) meetings as required.
- In conjunction with Sales create/modify labels, review label approvals, and work with Marketing for graphic labels.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing processing.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in Business Administration and/or Technical Associates degree. 2 - 3 years manufacturing or equivalent experience. Willingness to pursue related technical education if necessary.
- Strong technical writing skills using various programs
- Ability to read, understand and process changes to work instructions
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening skills: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the client
- Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate best practices
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others (ex. Supervisors on the floor, engineers, etc.)
- Based on experience, provide guidance and advice to management or other groups on technical, systems or process related matters.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with the following: IFS, DraftSite, Pro Engineer (Creo), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Bartender, Adobe LiveCycle
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
Airmar Technology CorporationWhy Work Here?
Great benefits with potential for growth.
Airmar has grown steadily since 1982 to become the world recognized leader in marine sensing technology. Holding numerous patents and manufacturing the broadest line of depth, speed, temperature, and Smart Sensors has made us the "standard" in the marine sensor market. Building on this foundation of excellence, Airmar has moved into ultrasonic transducers that operate in air for industrial use, as well as integrated sensors.
35 Meadowbrook DriveMilford, NH