Candidate will be responsible for the safe reliable and efficient operation of a cryogenic Air separation plant and Hydrogen liquefier
by executing SOP established by Airgas and the local management.
- Performs all duties assigned to the Utility Operations Technician
- Maintains high degree of safety and environmental awareness through the practice of safe work habits
- Attain and maintain classroom instructional and technical Air Separation/Hydrogen qualifications
- Assist local management in the implementation of all safety and local SOP's policies and procedures
- Safely start or stop plant. Monitors plant and its machinery performance by interpreting complex mechanical, electrical and thermodynamic data, specifically aiming to achieve production and specific power goals, improve plant efficiencies and minimize cost.
- Responds to plant and production disturbances; Troubleshoot process and systems problems
- Incorporates technical data into proper material format and content, with minimal supervision
- Reads and interprets technical drawings and manuals
- Performs preventive maintenance of ASU components and auxiliary systems
- Prepare and maintain required administrative forms and reports.
- Maintains qualifications of regulatory compliance (EPA, OSHA, DOT) in regard to production and distribution and documents for release of medical products
- Maintains and organize plant equipment history files and plant technical library
- Conducts safety briefings and issues work permits for vendors when appropriate.
- Provides operations support for other AMG locations as required.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two years of college, technical school, or military technical experience preferred
Minimum six years equivalent experience operating and/or maintaining a technical process in an industrial setting. Will possess practical experience in operations and maintenance of industrial or military plants and facilities. Practical experience in process control is required. Basic knowledge of Thermodynamics and its cryogenic application is required.
Must possess journeyman skills in mechanical system maintenance and operations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability