Our Tacoma Plant has an opening for a Production Operator II. Our ideal operator is responsible for checking and filling all compressed gas and cryogenic cylinders in a safe and professional manner. Our ideal operator will thrive in a positive work environment that they not just enjoy, but contribute to; share in successes and overcome challenges together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Inspect and fill empty cylinders and medical vans with pure gases in compliance with Airgas, FDA, CGA and other written policies (this position requires filling of Production Level III gases).
- Test product filled per FDA, Airgas and other written policies.
- Maintain proper stock levels to ensure complete shipments.
- Keep work area clean and free of unneeded cylinders and equipment.
- Promote safety and all other company policies at all times.
- Maintain equipment and communicate requests to Plant Manager in writing.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Ability to routinely lift 25 to 75 lbs., and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours). Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
- Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
NOW, READY TO BEGIN A CAREER WITH AIRGAS?
Why wouldn't you want to work for one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products? It's easy, just click apply. When you submit your application online, qualified candidates will hear from us very soon. We will not keep you waiting!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.