Our Lab Technicians are responsible for filling and analyzing all compressed gas mixes and performing cylinder maintenance in a safe and professional manner. Our ideal Lab Technician will thrive in a positive work environment that they not just enjoy, but contribute to; we share in successes and overcome challenges together.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Complete daily analytical requirements.
- Follow the Airgas cylinder filling, analytical and safety procedures.
- Record production for each product.
- Handle all customer orders with a minimum of delay.
- Attend monthly safety meetings. Talk safety daily.
- Keep the plant and dock area a clean and safe place to work.
- Properly lock and secure the facilities at the end of each day.
- Move cylinders to proper staging areas after filling.
- Report product and steel shortages to management.
- Coordinate filling to the production report.
- Properly maintain and label cylinders.
- 2 year experience working with compressed gases and cylinders
- 1 year experience in blending multi-component specialty gases mixtures
- Familiarity with Airgas S.O.P.s for Specialty and USP Gas filling and analysis
- Ability to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry (preferred), or equivalent experience
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
NOW, READY TO BEGIN A CAREER WITH AIRGAS?
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, recognizes that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. Airgas operates in a culture focused on safety, innovation and customer service.
Why wouldn't you want to work for one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products? It's easy, just click apply. When you submit your application online, qualified candidates will hear from us very soon. We will not keep you waiting!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability