Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a
Lab Technician in Hattiesburg MS!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on... Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
The Lab Technician will perform routine gas analysis and calibration of laboratory instruments. This position will also be responsible for the safety and accurate analysis of product processed through the laboratory to ensure the company meets its commitments to the customers.
- Maintain quality and safety policies within the laboratory.
- Conform to the requirements of the quality system, testing, or calibration methods relating to all analytical processes.
- Ensure complete and accurate laboratory documentation.
- Ensure adequate maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Provide input for quality corrective and preventive actions.
- Review all laboratory records to ensure calibration of instruments is done as required in SOPs.
- Maintain calibration records for all weights, scales and thermometers per SOPs.
- Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
- Manually sets calibrations to analyze selected cylinders for purity, dew point, and other required qualities.
- Conducts a variety of safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves and accurately labels cylinders.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
- If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when necessary.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1 - 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability