Candidate will perform a wide variety of complex tasks which require knowledge of instrumental and analytical chemistry to develop cutting-edge processes and systems for high pressure gas applications. Candidate must be highly self-motivated and ready to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Individual production must be geared toward fulfilling accurate estimations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Assists in evaluation of new technologies and equipment.
- Assists in the development of new analytical methods.
- Tests prototypes and products.
- Assist with installation and troubleshooting of new systems.
- Monitors and documents the performance of systems already deployed.
- Conducts routine data collection to establish and document competencies.
- Works with supervisor in designing methods and procedures aimed at establishing capabilities of systems and components.
- Performs high-level statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics, linear regression, uncertainty).
- Communicates verbally and electronically with vendors and customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Entry level position; 0-3 years relevant experience in a Lab preferred.
- Capable of maintaining a safe work environment and working independently in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Experience applying principles of Root Cause Analysis to troubleshoot problems and guide process improvements is preferred.
- Experience applying principles of analytical techniques to solve cutting-edge challenges is preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and instrumentation (e.g., FTIR, MS, NDIR, etc.) typically used in gas applications. Some working knowledge preferred.
- Ability to understand complex mechanical systems and process and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs).
- Ability to work with systems that handle high pressure gases.
- Ability to move and work with high pressure cylinders.
- Ability to quickly become familiar and work with new analytical software.
- Capable of working with multidisciplinary engineering groups (MEs, SEs EEs etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to apply basic statistical methods is required. Knowledge of advanced statistics is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent relevant experience in Analytical Chemistry will be considered.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Experience with G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Hangouts, etc.).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Must display strong critical thinking skills
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability