Airgas is currently seeking an Inside Sales Specialist to be based out of Germantown, WI to generate sales and manage customer relationships. You will be responsible for prospecting new clients, enhancing partnerships and building rapport with existing customers and growing your overall territory gross margin. You must have the ability to convert prospects into long-term Airgas customers by building relationships and fulfilling needs with quality service.
You will establish new customers and expand business with existing customers; sharing product knowledge, pricing negotiation and supply chain fulfillment through effective sales skills and customer service practices over the telephone.
What will I be doing?
• First and foremost, this is an inside sales role. You spend the majority of your time on the phone with customers. You must be very comfortable smiling and dialing! We make it our mission to provide honest, sincere and courteous assistance to the customer's needs including necessary follow up to ensure that the customer's expectations are met or exceeded. Additionally, you will handle all aspects of a customer's questions and requests, calling on the customer at minimum once monthly.
• As part of your customer interaction, you will provide written and verbal pricing quotes to customers in an organized, timely and professional manner.
• Within our CRM, maintain account information, to include contact information, quotes, samples sent, competitive information and other recent activity data.
• Product knowledge is key to your success, so you will attend regular training events to expand your knowledge. Additional training is also offered to review competitive information and sales skills. Our training program is second to none!
• Aside from customer interaction, you will also effectively collaborate with the field sales team that you work with. This partnership is key to increasing sales and gross profit, while providing excellent value to our customers.
• As with any sales role, you will have certain metrics that must be met. Primarily this is focused on sales and gross margin, but includes phone productivity and new account generation.
What makes this a different type of Sales Role?
• We offer a true work/life balance. Our team normally works Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• We provide our team a BASE rate, in addition to monthly incentive program that can be exceeded.
• We provide the most thorough training program in the industry and perhaps the entire sales world...period!
• We have a defined and robust career path for our sales team to grow into, in addition to sales management opportunities.
What skills must I possess?
• Excellent communication skills are a must. This includes the ability to build rapport with customers, strong verbal skills and clearly articulated written communication.
• You must be 100% comfortable with computers, as our world revolves around them.
• You must be a quick thinker and see a problem or objection as a chance to excel at our top notch customer service.
• Lastly, organizational skills, the ability to prioritize accurately and manage multiple tasks are key. You will balancing many different customers and must excel in these areas.
What education and experience do I need?
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors Degree is a preferred.
- Experience with inside sales, direct customer contact, or customer service is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite is required.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment / Safety products and/or welding process application extremely helpful.
Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Our Inside Sales/Total Access team markets safety supplies, welding equipment and industrial gases through telesales channels and a strong local presence with over 1,100 locations, as well as e-Business, and catalog. Total Access provides the unique connection to everything Airgas has to offer. This single source model offers us a competitive edge to serve more than one million customers in the USA.
What's in it for me?
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a generous match and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability