Inside Sales Associate
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on...
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Sell a variety of welding equipment, hard goods, power tools, safety supplies and industrial gases, to customers. Provide top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper gases/tools to complete their project(s) and process the transaction. Stock and track inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
• Will become a Brand Ambassador for Airgas.
• Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting customers with will-call, counter, and telephone sales.
• Analyze and expedite customer orders in a timely manner. Meet customer needs by recommending appropriate products/services.
• Enter sales data, quotes, or other information into computer.
• Research information for customers using the computer system.
• Notify customers of orders ready for pick-up.
• Accurately complete all daily, weekly, monthly paperwork on a timely basis.
• Assist manager in ordering appropriate merchandise to ensure stock remains at an acceptable level.
• Restock store merchandise and maintain current pricing on all store displays and products.
• Work with A/R personnel in solving credit holds and collections issues.
• Monitor status of customer owned cylinders brought in for filling or hydro-test purposes.
• Exchange customers' cylinders.
• Maintain and upgrade industry product knowledge and company branch standards and procedures
• Maintain a neat and presentable store through good housekeeping.
• Adhere to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines.
• Work designated or voluntary overtime as required (including weekends).
• Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Perform as a backup for other employees during vacations and other periods of personnel shortage.
• Participate in month-end / year-end inventory events.
• Perform general housekeeping duties as required.
• May operate forklift and other equipment as required.
• Other duties and or responsibilities as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma, or equivalent with 2 years of work related industrial supply retail sales experience.
• College degree preferred.
• Knowledge of welding, industrial gases and safety equipment applications.
• Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public and vendors in a professional manner.
• Prior experience handling cash transactions accurately.
• Prior inventory control, tracking and cycle-count experience.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must be able to wear required PPE.
• No relocation assistance offered.
• Pre-employment physical, drug and background screen; random drug testing applies.
• Minimal business travel required.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Possess proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs).
• 2-3 years current hands-on experience with SAP (or similar ERP) strongly desired.
• Ability to enter and extract data into and out of a computer
• Fundamental mathematical skills needed.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING and PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, MSDS, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other associates, managers, customers and the general public.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability