Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Human Resources Manager supporting our North Central Region - Iowa and Eastern Nebraska and South Dakota areas. This person will be based at our Davenport, IA facility and travel 25% throughout the area.
What you will do:
The HR Manager is responsible for partnering with regional leadership teams and providing Human Resource leadership and execution in talent acquisition, compensation, benefits administration, positive employee relations, labor relations, training, talent management, organizational development, HR Compliance and special projects. The HR Manager is responsible for the coordination of activities with HR specialists in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Employee Relations, Labor, Benefits, Talent Management, Payroll and HRIS. The HR Manager leads and executes change initiatives across business related to talent and HR strategy.
- Develops strong trusted partnerships with business leaders, acting as advisor and partner in the areas of organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee relations, performance and development coaching & counseling.
- Leads associate onboarding process, ensuring effective execution by managers; work closely with hiring managers and Talent Management with a focus on successfully integrating and retaining associates.
- Partners with leaders to manage success of immersion process for new sales and operations associates with a focus on quickly developing and onboarding them, ensuring successful contributions early on.
- Partners with Payroll and HR Coordinators for accurate and efficient processing of all new hires, terminations and personnel changes, in a timely manner.
- Administers salary actions for assigned client groups under the Division Compensation guidance. Ensure fair and competitive wage structure and actions. Lead annual salary review process with respective client groups. Coordinate recommendations and activities with the HR Compensation group to ensure organizational consistency and provide feedback on employee satisfaction and market issues.
- Develops and facilitates performance calibration process with regional management teams to ensure effective and consistent performance management systems in place.
- Actively leads and engages employees in evaluation of the employee relations climate and implement solutions to issues that arise. Counsel employees and managers on career planning, conflict resolution and work related challenges. Conduct stay and exit interviews to evaluate work climates and morale. Conduct investigations as needed in an objective and professional manner to determine corrective action.
- Advises managers on performance management including appropriate corrective counseling, training and development, and progressive discipline techniques and processes. Review documentation to ensure consistency with Airgas policies, procedures, and guiding principles. Involve the Legal department or senior HR leadership at the appropriate time. Lead the performance appraisal process for the assigned client group.
- Administers all other HR policies and programs. Recommend and implement revisions to policies, programs and practices as needed. Ensure compliance with all state and federal statutes, laws and regulations including but not limited to all applicable wage and hour laws, and regulations related to FMLA, OSHA, EEO and ADA.
- Contributes actively to the development and implementation of overall HR strategy. Act as change agent in identifying opportunities to improve workforce and HR process effectiveness to enable business strategy and results.
- In conjunction with the HR group, develops and delivers talent development and training assessments and programs to assigned customer groups.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related field.
- Organized labor experience is preferred.
- An HR related certification i.e. PHR, SPHR is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience within a production or distribution environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR principles and practices, employment laws and regulations, and effectively leading comprehensive ER Investigations
- Demonstrated ability to be: personable, professional, responsive, knowledgeable, credible, trusted and drive value to an organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of HRIS and other HR related systems.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present and discuss information and respond to questions from employees and managers.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; knowledge of Google Kite applications preferred.
- May require occasional overnight travel; approximately 25%.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability