Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a
Delivery Driver (CDL B) with Tanker in South Plainfield, NJ!
What you will do:
As the "face of Airgas", the Microbulk Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently transporting bulk liquid gases between pick up terminals and customers, both internal and external. This position safely loads, delivers, unloads and returns using a company provided truck. This position fills pressurized bulk liquid gases at the customer's location while interacting with Airgas customers and Airgas associates
- Safely fills a pressurized bulk liquid gas tanker and loads, delivers and unloads supplies to/from a service truck on an assigned route on a daily basis. Fills customer Microbulk tanks as assigned.
- Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labels and loads comply with Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other government regulations as well as Airgas SAFECOR safety policies.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Works with customer to maintain proper gas levels. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints providing timely communication back to manager as needed. Maintains a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- Performs inspections per operating procedures. Monitors each customer unit to assure that it is operating safely, properly, and efficiently.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order. Performs routine maintenance & clean appearance of vehicle.
- Assists management in route evaluations and efficiencies.
- Utilizes an On Board Computer per instructions and makes every effort to ensure accuracy of data.
- Uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and promptly reports all accidents and injuries to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment as needed.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner's Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Tanker Endorsement
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
- May consider individuals with the ability to acquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as a condition of employment.
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A or B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) DOT moving violation and no more than two (2) DMV moving violations in a personal vehicle within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industries preferred.
- Familiarity with onboard computers preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic mathematical knowledge; ability to calculate ratios and percentages with a calculator.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability