Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a
Production Associate (Cylinder Filler) in Bellmawr, NJ!
What you will do:
As the "face of Airgas", the Cylinder Filler is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers. Additionally, this position will be responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. This position will be assigned to the below responsibilities at our facility.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
- Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders.
- Prepares high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
- Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of cylinders on & off pallets and tractor trailers. Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
What you will need :
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability