Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an
Customer Service Representative in Lima, OH!
What you will do: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides individual support services for all phases of the order fulfillment process to Airgas customers primarily over the telephone both locally and for remote locations in a region. The CSR promotes long-term customer relationships and provides superior customer service through support to include sales, order entry, negotiation of pricing, master file maintenance, and problem resolution, expediting and product research with vendors and coordination with internal departments including field sales.
- Maintains a high level of customer service by assisting customers via telephone, email, fax, or in person facilitating all phases of order-fulfillment for industrial, medical and specialty gases as well as welding and safety equipment, power and handle tools and other products/supplies.
- Answers and responds to incoming telephone inquiries from our customers.
- Facilitates sales taking customer orders and serving as the accountable party to Airgas customers.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of all order-entry, data research and other order entry/resolution necessary to service customers.
- Data entry for sales and sales-related processes including new account set-up and maintenance of existing customer accounts.
- Provides data entry and maintenance of customer contact pricing.
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc., are promptly and courteously handled providing follow-up as necessary.
- Provides research of products with vendors, including price and availability.
- Provides research and resolves conflicts related to the order delivery cycle.
- Researches and reviews customer account balances, invoices, and leases.
- Interfaces with sales, customers, branches and other operating areas to provide timely and accurate communication regarding capabilities, delivery and various other operating requirements.
- Interacts with other internal departments to coordinate deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
What you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required. Additional post high school education and/or training preferred.
- Two years in a customer service and/or inside sales related role required.
- Prior experience with SAP preferred.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills. Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees and strong customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Math skills to include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
- Ability to work well both as a team and independently.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time in a dynamic work environment.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability