Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Assistant Plant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Assistant Plant Manager supervises the day to day activities for multiple segments of the industrial, specialty and medical distribution and gas filling operations for a plant. This position assists with managing all gas cylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SAFECORE, and other business related compliance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the activities of all plant, quality assurance lab, and drivers.
- Coordinates and partners with other Plant Supervisors to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
- Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current stock levels, and worker's expertise.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Maintains time and production records.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends or initiates associate actions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance improvement and disciplinary measures.
- Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
- Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
- Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a leadership role within a manufacturing or distribution environment. Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases, gas analysis and gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Able to talk, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp, feel and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Minimal travel required.
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability