Are you an Operations Supervisor, Terminal Manager, or Operations Manager working for a Contract Carrier, Third Party Logistics or small distribution company?
Are you looking for your next growth opportunity with the largest manufacturer of Industrial Gas?
Do you have experience managing/training CDL Drivers and abiding to DOT/FMCSA guidelines in a "Safety Driven" environment?
Are you accustomed to managing to a Budget?
If you just answered yes to these questions, we may have just the role you have been dreaming about!
Airgas is currently seeking an Operations Manager to support ourDry Ice Divisionin Augusta, GA- one of the fastest growing markets in the southeast! The Operations Manager will supervise approximately 23 employees including an Operations Assistant Manager, (2) Box Repair Technicians, and (20) Class A or B Commercial Truck Drivers.* *
As Operations Manager your focus will be:
Ensuring all staff members adhere to DOT/FMCSA/OSHA general standards as it relates to a distribution facility, Safety SOP's, P/L management and Labor Cost Management.
Cost management as it relates to timely delivery of product.
Effective labor utilization.
Budget Analysis to identify cost disparities and opportunities of cost process improvement.
Experience managing a commercial driver workforce that use Electronic Logs.
Partners with Sales department to maximize customer value.
Responsible for the Repair and Maintenance of the facility and vehicles to include the understanding of and ability to explain basic mechanical theory regarding Pre-Trip and Post-Trip to direct reports, coordinating vendors.
Projecting and establishing preventative maintenance programs and schedules, while directing the maintenance staff to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and operational.
Workforce Planning/ Scheduling
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collaborates with region Distribution and Transportation Managers to ensure timeliness in delivery of production requirements.
* Coach Drivers to help improve performance relating to Safety, Attendance, and Customer Service.
* Recruit, hire, train discipline employees according to corporate guidelines and policies.
* Fulfill all record keeping requirements related to these activities in a timely manner to include: performance evaluations, safety training documentation, documenting disciplinary actions and job related training.
* Manage Branch operations to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
* Audits the accuracy of data entry related to product sales, purchasing, and receiving of raw materials and supplies.
* Manage special projects
* Ensure our products meet or exceed our QC standards, using specified SOP testing methods.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by upper management.
2 - 5 years' experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role over a team of at least 5 commercial drivers and non-commercial personnel in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
Ability and desire to provide top notch leadership.
Understanding of financial reports, budgetary methods and forecasting.
Some travel required for periodic in-field Driver observation required.
High potential individuals in Logistics, Operations, Terminal, or Transportation, ready for the next level are encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience, including military experience. (Associates degree or High School diploma with formal technical training considered in conjunction with extensive, relevant experience).
- Who is Airgas Dry Ice?** *
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Title: Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 25568