- /Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?/** *
- Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an Inside Sales Associate** in Manitowoc, WI!*
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for working closely with an assigned team of Account Managers to manage and profitably grow Airgas business within a sales territory. This position will have regional objectives for sales and profitability growth within an assigned territory.
* Works with outside sales team to maintain and grow the existing customer base, including:
o Maximize account retention through proactive and frequent customer contacts and rapport development.
o Secures and maintains customer contact relationships with key decision makers, buying influencers and users of products within each assigned account.
o Improves existing customer business practices through the use and management of Airgas Sales Specialists, vendor partners, current industry best practices, new products and other available resources.
o Maximizes Airgas "Wallet Share" of existing account base through selling the complete portfolio of Airgas products and services.
o Responds to and solves customer complaints by deploying the necessary company resources o Works with Accounts Receivable personnel in solving collections issues and achieving Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) goals.
o Takes a lead role in identifying, analyzing and solving service issues.
o Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
* Collaborates with Account Managers in developing and executing plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory.
* Maintains a leadership role in delivering sales service. Provides direction as required to other Airgas associates such as market information, pricing strategies, product information or customer information.
* Works closely with local Branch managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area
* Supports all local, national and regional sales initiatives such as bulk gas sales, safety sales, specialty gas sales, Brand Strategy Management and others that are or may be defined
* Develops and maintains positive work habits that are conducive to sales and profitability growth, including:
o Strategizing daily with assigned Account Managers and completing required field visits with each.
o Achieving department goals on phone time, outbound calls, and other KPI's.
o Other duties/projects as may be assigned.
* Counter Sales responsibilities as assigned.
You will have:
* HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
* SAP experience strongly preferred.
* Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Inside Sales Associate
Requisition ID: 26254