Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Dispatcher w/CDL (Class A) in Pomona, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as aDispatcher!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Supervise and coordinate the activities of loaders and drivers engaged in loading, off-loading, transporting and delivering industrial gases and supplies. Ensure adequate supply of cylinder product stock on-hand. Efficiently dispatch and manage drivers to meet the needs of our customers. Route incoming customer orders to appropriate personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
* Plan daily routes and schedule drivers, vehicles, deliveries, and pick-ups based on timely needs and geographic location.
* Responsible for making sure all drivers and vehicles meet requirements set by DOT.
* Verify individual driver's daily manifest with outgoing inventory prior to dispatch to ensure accuracy of materials/cylinders to be carried.
* Dispatch drivers in a timely manner to ensure prompt service and customer satisfaction.
* Maintain an active log of all dispatched routes which includes times, phone #, invoice #, acct. #, terms: C.O.D., etc. in a legible manner.
* Communicate with plant supervisor to maintain appropriate stock on-hand of required cylinders.
* Receive and process incoming customer orders.
* Respond to emergency deliveries to meet customer satisfaction.
* Resolve any customer complaints.
* Maintain and balance shipping papers and manifests.
* Record and approve driver attendance for payroll records.
* Collect and maintain daily pre and post trip vehicle inspection reports.
* Insure that appropriate and up-to-date paperwork is in each vehicle (licenses, permits, insurance, etc.)
* Responsible for CDL driver logbooks (inspect for accuracy, safekeeping, issue new books as needed).
* Resolve problems associated with deliveries and product shortages.
* May have to fill in as back up driver when necessary.
* Study production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements.
* Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
* Ensure any accident is promptly reported to the supervisor.
* Provide support to internal and external customers for delivery needs on an as-needed basis.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
* Must have good math skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
* Pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
* Possess conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices desired.
* Significant training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA)
* a) Compliance with applicable federal, state, local regulatory procedures (CGMP, DOT, OSHA, FDA,
* Must have extensive coordination experience in a multi team environment.
* Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite of applications - Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency with SAP software desired.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
* Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5 years of experience in industrial gas/packaged gas industry plant environment, petrochemical, or related industries in operations.
* Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat and Airbrake endorsements.
* Minimum one (1) year class A experience operating a commercial vehicle
* Must possess a clean and safe driving record, with no at-fault accidents or serious moving violations within the past three (3) years
* Working knowledge of all Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations for commercial drivers
* Experience operating a forklift is preferred
* Minimum 2 years in supervisory role.
* Strong knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
* Strong comprehension of MSDS and other OSHA regulations
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
* Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
* Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
/Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./
/EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/
/Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Title: Dispatcher w/CDL
Requisition ID: 25076