Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward?
- Apply Now** and move your career forward with Airgas as an Area Branch Operations Coordinator in the Minneapolis Metro Area!*
The Area Branch Operations Coordinator (ABOC) assists the Area Vice President by supporting efforts to improve the safety, profitability, effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency of the Area Branch operations. The ABOC is responsible for providing analytics, evaluation and reporting of Branch metrics and pricing initiatives. The ABOC further supports the Area Branch locations with ongoing SAP, vendor and product training.
This position will cover the Roseville, Ramsey, and Savage, Minnesota, and Fargo, Dickinson, and Grand Forks, North Dakota Airgas locations.
* Assists and supports the District Managers (DMs) and Branch associates comply with Safety Management Systems in conjunction with the Regional Safety Department. Supports the Branches on the execution of the Accident and Injury Reduction Plans consistent with Airgas Safety Council and Safecor guidelines.
* Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual, Safety Management System, SAP processes and learning tools, Business Warehouse (BW) tools, and SharePoint tools. Provides support to the branch leaders in the Area to improve the understanding and effective use of these procedures and systems.
* Provides training and conducts audits on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Shares results with DMs and the Branch associates as well as the AVPs. Follows up by measuring progress at the branches and communicating with the AVP and DM.
o Supports efforts to ensure that new employees at the branches receive the appropriate training on systems, procedures, and processes.
* Assists with making certain that SAP enhancements, changes, corrections, reports, and other communication from various functional leaders is shared with the appropriate associates within the business Area. Actively participates in the "cascade" of information to the branches that comes from regional or corporate leadership. This may include policy changes, roll-outs, road shows, new products or services, safety compliance and other local or national projects.
* Supports the Company objective to execute Airgas's Core Strategy I and II activities in the Branches and throughout the Area.
* Assists the AVP and DMs by compiling branch metrics for the branches within the Area and identifying and communicating results and sharing best practices throughout all assigned branches.
* Communicates routinely with AVP regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions at the branches. Communicate with leadership when ineffective or poor processes are identified that are contributing to transaction inaccuracy or should be otherwise improved.
o May assist the Area leaders improve transactional accuracy and SAP proficiency.
* Supports effective teamwork, communication and collaboration between the branch associates, field sales teams, Sales Specialists, and Business Service Center (BSC) associates.
* Conducts routine visits to Branches to assist the AVP and his or her direct reports by identifying and evaluating branch performance, safety compliance, inventory levels, SOP compliance, and training gaps.
* Other projects/initiatives as assigned.
What you will have:
* High School Diploma or GED Required. Associate's degree or higher preferred.APICS CLTD Certification is desired.
* Minimum of five (5) years of increasing responsibility in branch retail sales or branch/production operations.
* Prior experience with sales and/or operations in the distribution industry preferred.
* Prior SAP experience required.
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and SharePoint functionality.
* Must be proficient with SAP utilization and system capabilities.
* Ability to read and comprehend manuals and documentation such as material safety data sheets and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
* Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
* Analytical skills and financial acumen for articulating metrics utilized by sales and the Branches.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
* Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information.
* Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Detail oriented.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Area Branch Operations Coordinator
Requisition ID: 25414
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-Savage-55378, United States-North Dakota-Fargo-58103, United States-North Dakota-Grand Forks-58203, United States-North Dakota-Dickinson-58601, United States-Minnesota-Ramsey-55303