New Construction HVAC Installer and Sheet Metal Worker
Aire Serv of Perham Perham, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company: Esser Plumbing and Heating / Aire Serv of Perham & Fargo
New Construction HVAC Installer and Sheet Metal Worker
Typically 6:30am to 5:00pm, Monday thru Thursday (10 hour, 4 day) with 1/2 hour lunch; occasional overtime or Friday work required depending on project efficiency.
Notable Exceptions: Some projects contractually require we are on site M-F 8-5 which will override above.
Pay will be dependent on Experience.
We do all aspects of HVAC work. A New Construction HVAC Installer and Sheet Metal Worker will install heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in factories, industrial plants, warehouses, apartments, schools, government buildings, hospitals, and residences. Our expectation is that all work will be done to all applicable codes, and that all coworkers will work as part of a TEAM. We value efficiency and request that all employees show up early to work, report to their supervisors, and ready to work.
Supervisor: New Construction Project Manager
• High School or G.E.D.
• Ability to follow company safety procedures
• Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Be able to focus on the project / job and limit personal cell phone usage to breaks and lunches.
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must be able to read blueprints and install equipment and sheet metal to specifications.
• Arrive at work 15 minutes early and report to supervisor.
• We have weekly Monday morning meetings to lay out the week ahead and review projects, ask questions, and make sure we have all of the things we need to be successful and are ready to go.
• Perform daily company vehicle load up of materials and tools efficiently to be working on jobsite on time.
• Efficiently setup on jobsite.
• Work with other trades to plan routes and pathways for equipment and ductwork.
• Stay on task to perform work in time budgeted in estimates
• Typical work for us may include all commercial and residential HVAC equipment, ductwork, geothermal heat pumps, boilers and hydronic specialties, radiant in floor heat, under-slab ducting, gas piping, insulating, running plasma table, low voltage wiring, installation and programming of controls, and operating all manor of common and trade specific tools.
• Ability to work on lifts and ladders, on busy jobsites and in adverse weather conditions such as extreme temperatures, snow, ice, etc. while following still adhering to company safety requirements.
• Keep project neat and clean
• Keep track of tools and make sure they end up in job box or company vehicle depending upon project type.
• Closeout the day by filling out appropriate paperwork, such as timesheets, material lists, etc. in an accurate and detailed manner.
• Assist in Bi-Annual inventory.
• Participate in monthly safety meetings, company functions, and any other scheduled meetings and trainings.
Benefits to Working at Esser Plumbing and Heating & Aire Serv Compared to Other Places:
• We follow a Code of Values, listed below.
• We are a team orientated, family first based company, and you will not be a number here.
• We do a monthly birthday lunch at our shop to celebrate our employee’s birthdays.
• We also do a March charity food shelf benefit chili feed where we do a company match to employee donations.
• We have 401K retirement plan, and a better than average generous retirement match.
• We offer more P.T.O. days than most other comparable companies.
• We participate in profit sharing so if you do your part to help the company do well, you will share in the profits.
• We believe in promotion from within, and we notice and appreciate you when you go above and beyond.
• We have an annual Christmas party to celebrate the season and each other.
• We have a location in Perham and another in Fargo, so if you move to one place from another you don’t have to switch companies.
• We have multiple departments in both cities, so if you are not a fit in one part, you may be perfect for another.
• We work to provide learning opportunities. If you invest your time and energy in us, we will invest it back in you.
• We do our best to accommodate family functions, your kids major sporting events, and other family based functions.
• We believe in a balanced work/home life and since you spend more of your day with us than your family, we try to make it as enjoyable as possible.
Our Code of Values:
We Live our Code of Values by...
... treating others as we would like to be treated.
... listening with the intent to understand what is being said and acknowledging that what is said is important to the speaker.
... responding in a timely fashion.
... speaking calmly and respectfully without profanity or sarcasm.
... acknowledging everyone as right from their own perspective.
... making only agreements we are willing, able, and intend to keep.
... communicating any potentially broken agreements at the first appropriate opportunity to all parties concerned.
... looking to the system for correction and proposing all possible solutions if something is not working.
... operating in a responsible manner "above the line..."
... asking clarifying questions if we disagree or do not understand.
... never saying anything about anyone that we would not say to him or her.
... continuously striving to maximize internal and external customer loyalty.
... making our best effort to understand and appreciate the customer's needs in every situation.
HAVING FUN IN THE PROCESS!
If our company feels like it might be a good fit for you please contact us to visit.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $29.00 /hour
Aire Serv LLC is the franchisor of the Aire Serv® franchised system. Each Aire Serv® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Aire Serv LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Aire Serv LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Aire Serv® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Aire Serv LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Aire Serv LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.