As a HazMat Shipping Specialist, you will be responsible for the expedient movement of customer orders while following Hazmat and company standards. . Primary functions of the Shipping Specialist include the packaging, manifesting, and tracking of materials as requested by internal and external customers.
- Processes Hazmat shipments - including the classification, appropriate CFR/IATA packaging, manifesting, and shipping declarations.
- Thorough knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and criteria therein necessary to offer hazardous goods for shipment to third party logistics providers.
- Properly package and manifest parcel, LTL, and large freight as required to ensure product integrity throughout the transportation cycle to intended destination
- Manifest consignments with information provided by requestor and schedule movements accordingly based on delivery demand (FedEx, UPS, 3PL vendors, expedite courier services, etc.), ensuring that each package has the correct information and configuration to guarantee intended delivery conditions
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels, BOL's ,Hazmat declaration (if required) meeting Aircraft Spruce and Aero Performance processing requirements
- Create/print identifying labels for all material/packages being shipped for traceability
- File and maintain records of shipping documents per departmental guidelines
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best business practices
- Accurately update required tracking systems (spreadsheets, modules, external data sources)
- Coordinate with internal delivery system drivers/material handlers to pick up and expedite material to the shipping department to avoid cutoffs and delivery delays.
- Process outbound material through ERP system, partnering with appropriate departments to ensure quality and quantity of material is delivered to vendors
- Assist with the development of new-hires in the fundamentals of packing and shipping as well as on the job safety. Quiz to ensure understanding of methods taught. Report to manager areas in which new hire excels and/or needs additional training.
- Maintain clean working area at all times. Ensure floors are free of debris. Sweep as needed. Constantly maintain and uncluttered, accessible and safe work environment across entire warehouse.
- Assist team members with orders as needed.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by manager as needed.
- Live Company Values and Standards of Conduct.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Hazmat certification 49/CFR, IATA, IMDG, Explosive, Battery, etc.)
- Understands the difference between limited quantities and excepted quantities when shipping dangerous goods ensure proper mode per 49/CFR, IATA is selected
- Experience in international shipping
- Experience in filing EEI's in manifesting software systems
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment.
- Experience with ERP system(s)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft, Excel and Power Point.
- Comprehension of shipping International goods to Asia, UK and South America
- Knowledge of Indicia and Pitney Bowes software (USPS requests)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; Understands how to prioritize tasks without coaching.
- Team player; Ability to ask for help when needed and offer help when needed.
- Ability to read English alphabet and numbers; Accurately count to 100.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. Good record keeping skills. Meets deadlines
- Understands and adheres to safety requirements in a warehouse.
- Lifelong Learner; Interested in trying and learning new skills and/or techniques
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of labels and product detail.
- Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day for at least 2-hour increments
- Requires constant physical activity including lifting, stooping, reaching and using ladder.
Essential Functions of Position
- Pleasant disposition to coworkers, vendors and customers.
- Ability to deal with work related stress.
- Constant Pushing/Pulling/Lifting: up to 50#
- Ambulatory: Continuous standing/walking on variable surfaces including concrete floor. Stepping up and down ladders.
- Squatting/Stooping/Kneeling to as low as ground level to reach product on bottom shelf.
- Repetitive us of hand/grasping; light to forceful grasping of product; daily data entry using computer keyboard and display
- Good vision abilities include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- <1 % sitting, 20% walking and 80% standing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all job duties performed by persons in the position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the company and requirements of the