Love to Work in Warehousing? - Up to $20
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to join our winning team!
Be first in line for an interview ~ Stop by and ask for Vince or Chris or respond to this posting ASAP!
Pickers ~ Packers - Receiving - Forklift Driver - Quality Assurance
*** Don't have the experience - not to worry - we will train you ****
- Aircraft Spruce in West Chicago is seeking exceptional Warehouse Associates to join our exciting warehouse team!
- Our warehouse is different from others: Clean / Organized / People Focused / Fun
- This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday hours vary from: 8 - 6pm - with an occasional Saturday.
- We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, paid time off, Holiday pay and a 401k savings plan.
- Pull product from shelves as per pick ticket; Inspect product for quality ensuring it is not damaged. Verify all needed packaging and components are included with product. Ensure quantity is accurately picked by counting product at least 2 times before placing in packing bin/pallet. Notates on pull ticket every action during pick process including any discrepancies.
- Organize pulled product by order in packing bin/pallets with corresponding pick ticket; Document every action related to the pick ticket throughout the picking process.
- Performs stocking and labeling duties as needed; ensure prompt restocking of product; routinely performs quality visual check for abnormalities including packaging discoloration or damage, tarnishing or other damage; Isolate and report damaged product to supervisor.
- Ensure the accuracy of orders by conducting product to invoice comparisons before releasing product to packing/shipping team. Notate any shortages immediately for correction.
- Boxes and verifies final shipping containers that are suitable for products, weights, address, correct method of shipping, packaging secured and undamaged. Report any discrepancies to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains clean working area at all times; ensure floors are free of debris; Reports workplace hazards to manager immediately.
- Constantly organizing assigned area; Correct misfiles and or mis-labeled inventory items. Report any errors in product location and or labeling to supervisor immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years prior work experience in a retail/warehouse environment. (preferred but not needed)
- Requires verbal and written English communication skills.
- Drivers must be licensed for fork lift or automobile positions.
- Requires legible handwriting skills both alphabetical and numeric
- Good mathematical and analytical skills; Good deductive reasoning.
- Good organizational skills; Able to build a plan and execute.
- Attention to detail; Able to follow written instructions; Good record keeping skills.
- Team player; ability to work closely with medium size team establishing and executing daily goals.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to walk up and down step stool/ladder to count inventory.
- Medium physical work on a daily basis. Including bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, grasping.
- May be exposed to high and low temperature fluctuations. (50 degrees to 100 degrees)
- Must be able to read fine print on manufacturer labels including alpha/numeric characters 1/8 of an inch in size.
- Occasionally lift weight up to 25 pounds.
- Requires data entry using a computer keyboard, scanner, and/or mouse.
- Must be able to stand for extended period or walk throughout the warehouse on a daily basis
- Ability to change priorities when needed.
- Warehouse environment with occasional exposure to dust and loud noises.
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.Why Work Here?
Outstanding benefits portfolio including: Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance and 401(k).
Aircraft Spruce/Aero Performance are the leading distributor/retailer for almost all major aviation products manufacturers. We provide a complete selection of OEM and PMA parts to OEM's, FBOs, MRO's, Airlines, corporate operators, flight schools, Military, and Government customers nationwide. With over 60 years of experience in the aviation market, Aircraft Spruce/Aero Performance gives our customers the confidence that the parts they need will be delivered to their facility on time and competitively priced.
1110 Commerce DriveWest Chicago, IL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.