Aircraft Sheetmetal Technician Trainee
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing, and delivering aerospace products, services, and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer, and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12,000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe, and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six-fold order book increase since 2000.
This position is for training to become an Aircraft Technician B - Sheetmetal Technician and will perform work on assigned aircraft, assemblies, and parts in the sheet metal area.Works on and around aircraft whose mechanical assembly is the most important element in the successful delivery and a positive experience for the customer
1. Trainee Tech: 70%
- Read detailed plans and diagrams and inspect and measure parts before assembly, making sure parts are free of defects and are the right size.
- Install Sheetmetal parts and assemblies in aircraft; assure that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operations and functions.
- Cut, grind, or trim parts to fit properly.
- Use tools, such as drills, grinders, and rivet guns to assemble helicopters and parts.
- Fitting and assembling skins, frames, and other components. Work will consist of drilling, fitting, and riveting of the many sub-assemblies of the helicopter,including such items as tail booms and stabilizers
- Learn and follow Engineering Instructions and company policies
2. Trainee Tech: 20%
- Perform layout of sheet parts by measuring and marking in preparation for cutting and forming operations
- Cut raw materials allowing for bend requirements, flanges, and crimping.
- Bolt, rivet, or chemically bond parts together
- Follow all OSHA safety and environmental regulations
3. Trainee Tech: 10%
- Make adjustments or replace parts when needed
- Assist in the development of patterns or templates to simplify manufacturing processes and to assure proper dimensions
- Work with inspectors to run tests to determine whether the parts are assembled properly
- Cut, file, drill, and ream metal, plastic, and rubber sections to prepare them for fastening
- Be able to join sections by drilling, bolting, and clamping units together
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel away from the facility to carry out functions of the position. Position requires the use of computers and test equipment.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- No experience required
Required to qualify:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Computer skills
- Speak and write the English language
- Be a US Person under ITAR definition (aU.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
- Be able to lift/move up to 50lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to travel nationally/internationally as needed, ~5% of the time
- Trade school/Vo-Tech attendance/completion
- Mechanical skills/aptitude
- Basic Manufacturing Skills Classes
- Blueprint Reading
- Drafting and Design
- Airframes License
- Experience using SAP
- Experience using hand-tools/measuring tools
- Able to read and understand Engineering Instructions (EI's) and use to determine if work is being performed in accordance with EI's requirements.
- Onsite: 95%
- Vision: Able to see and read computer screens and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports, and engineering drawings. Daily
- Hearing: Able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on the production floor including safety warnings or alarms. Daily
- Speaking: Able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information, and participate in communications. Daily
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts. Daily
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 50lbs. Daily
- Lifting: Able to lift aircraft parts, tools, drawings, electronic equipment to 50lbs. Daily
- Pushing / Pulling: Able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools. Daily
- Sitting: Able to sit for long periods in meetings, working on a computer. At least once a month
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving. Daily
- Standing: Able to stand for discussions in offices or on the production floor. Daily
- Travel: Able to travel independently and at short notice. 5%
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces. Daily
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by the site and/or customer site
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or another legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or another legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Airbus Helicopters, Inc
TravelView all jobs at Airbus Helicopters, Inc