Trade Compliance Manager (Space)
- $65 to $75 Hourly
Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc offers advanced solutions to meet the most complex U.S. defense, security, space, and intelligence requirements. Celebrating over 50 years in the US, we remain a trusted government partner, leveraging world-class satellite, laser communication, rotor and fixed wing solutions to help our national security, defense and space focused customers meet their missions.
Airbus U.S. looks to employ a commitment driven team, dedicated to enabling our customer's mission success. We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment and a welcoming and engaging staff. With competitive compensation and superior employee benefits, as well as a commitment to fostering individual career growth, Airbus U.S. is the place where top talent wants to work.
The Manager, Trade Compliance is responsible for managing all aspects of trade compliance activities while meeting the Airbus standards. This position will be based in the home office of Airbus US Space and Defense located in Arlington, VA.
- Operational Trade Compliance Support: 60%
- Provide day-to-day trade compliance guidance to operational and functional support personnel for any new business opportunity or other transaction involving proposed exports, imports, reexports, deemed exports; includes jurisdiction and classification determination for hardware, software, and data; guidance on management of controlled data; denied party screening for all partis to transactions, including potential suppliers; license, exemption, exception, or other authorization analysis; maintain related records in accordance with Airbus document retention policies and trade compliance regulations; integrate guidance into program planning.
- Serve as an Empowered Official and DECCS Administrator and assist in managing the Company's SNAP-R and ACE accounts; assist in management of the Part 122 and 129 Registration.
- Maintain, administer, and use the local U.S. Census Bureau Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) account and coordinate any required execution of Powers of Attorney in coordination with the CCO;
- Prepare, submit, and manage any required export and temporary import license applications, technical assistance agreements, manufacturing license agreements, retransfer requests, commodity classification and jurisdiction requests, and other export control documentation, as necessary, and administer and oversee compliance with conditions and provisos of such authorizations; includes coordination of any required 22 CFR Part 130 reports;
- Provide guidance and transactional review of export and import shipping documentation, including guidance on proper HTS or Schedule B codes, ECCNs or USML Categories, license numbers or exemption documentation; and file or cause to be filed any Electronic Export Information through ACE; manage freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Review and revise export compliance terms in contractual documents to meet Airbus standards
- Prepare and manage Temporary Import Bonds (TIB), prepare and process international import certificates (IIC), conduct ongoing monitoring of monthly customs imports for proper classifications and request corrections as needed
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with U.S. export and trade regulators and representing Airbus U.S.' interests before them in coordination with the CCO;
- Perform tasks delegated by the Technology Control Officer (TCO), when requested.
- Training, Audits, and Investigations: 35%
- Conduct onboarding, general awareness, and focused U.S. trade compliance training;
- Integrate trade compliance requirements the company operations by working with operational and functional support staff to understand trade compliance requirements inherent in their activities and document those requirements in areas, including but not limited to release and protection of technical data/controlled technology, purchase of controlled items, performance of services, international travel, visits to company facilities, employment of non-US persons, and shipping/receiving; and provide related training.
- Manage and monitor areas of trade compliance risk based on the company's activities and provide periodic reports to program and functional leadership regarding concerns.
- Notify the CCO of any potential violation of U.S. trade laws and regulations and, at the direction of the CCO, investigate to gather facts, determine root cause, and applicable corrective actions and finalize the investigation report, for use in populating the resultant disclosures in coordination with the CCO for submission to the appropriate U.S. government regulator;
- Conduct, coordinate, manage, and participate in internal compliance audits and assessments at the direction of the CCO, and take follow up action where necessary or advisable to develop and implement remedial actions;
- Regularly review U.S. government and industry publications relating to U.S. trade control laws and regulations;
- Other Duties as Assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline such as international business, management, or engineering from an accredited educational institution and five (5)+ years of experience managing a trade compliance program.
- Experience developing and delivering effective and efficient tailored training to a diverse set of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated experience in independent problem solving and management of multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, multicultural environment.
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry in a trade compliance position is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Highly organized individual able to work with little to no supervision.
- An integrity driven professional who will ensure all work is of quality that is expected from an Airbus OEM.
- Strong knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations, Customs regulations and other applicable domestic and international trade law regulations, supply chain operations, and the global trade network.
- Strong working knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, and ACE.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to lead cross-functional groups and work in a team environment
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong communication skills to professionally supervise employees and communicate with management.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Conversational and written Spanish proficiency preferred. French and German is a plus.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, MS Project, and ERP Programs
- 10% Domestic and International
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Must be able to make independent decisions with little or no supervision.
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This position requires an ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities.
Nature of Contacts:
- Role includes involved, influence, and negotiation type communication with internal and external parties on a regular basis.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus U.S. Space & Defense, Inc. is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Airbus Defense and SpaceArlington, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.