Contracts/Procurement Specialist II (Contract)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12,000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The contracts/procurement specialist II provides contracts support from pre-award through contract close-out as well as technical, analytical, and administrative leadership and support in the production of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs and RFQs).
This assignment is expected to be approximately 3-6 months in duration and will be evaluated at that time based on company need.
Contract Award, Contract Execution and Contract Close-Out: 70%
- Prepare Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Service Agreements, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Subcontracts, and other contractual documents as directed.
- Research and analyze contractual issues in FAR/DFARS or other regulatory documentation to determine applicability and make recommendations.
- Identify subcontract flow-down terms and conditions and make recommendations. Interface with subcontractor affiliates, as directed. Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors.
- Administers contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Review edits received from Subcontractor affiliates during subcontract negotiations and propose recommendations. Coordinate and track edits during negotiations.
- Assemble contractual documentation utilizing existing templates when available. Propose new templates as necessary.
- Assemble subcontract award documentation utilizing existing templates when available.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating contract awards and subcontract awards. Ensure documentation is properly filed in hard copy files and electronically.
- Coordinate inputs, reviews and approvals from Legal, Security, Export Control and/or Program Management as required.
- Assist in accomplishing contract and subcontract closeouts.
- Assist in assembling/responding to requests for contractual data when required by Airbus Defense and Space, Inc. Finance, DCAA, DCMA, and/or Senior Leadership.
Proposal Planning and Execution: 25%
- Support response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, simple proposal responses).
- Assist in planning and coordination of responses to U.S. Government Solicitation requests (e. g. BAAs, Sources Sought, SIRs, RFIs, RFPs, RFI and RFQs).
- Participate in response team meetings with domestic and international response team members
- Interact with Lines of Business, Business Development, and functional areas as required to execute the preparation and production of response documents.
- Research and support more complex response actions in coordination with Capture Team (e. g. RFI responses, FMS case responses, moderately complex proposal responses).
- Participate in proposal review planning and execution, and management proposal reviews
- Develop volume book plans for responses.
Other duties as assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and related field and 2 to 5 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three years of experience in a contracts or legal capacity, handling government and/or commercial contracts/subcontracts in an aerospace, avionics or similar organization.
- 2 to 5 years of experience interacting with Department of Defense and other US Government programs.
- Experience in either the Government or aerospace and defense industry and familiarity with the U.S. Government proposal development and review processes.
- Experience in proposal document or comparable document generation strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFAR with a broad familiarity with Government contracting principles.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, solid follow-thru skills and strong personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications, particularly MS Office, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must be capable of managing multiple simultaneous tasks with potentially overlapping deadlines
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR requirements preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint Procurement desired.
- 10% Domestic and International
- US citizenship is required
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Make recommendations regarding document negotiation positions.
- Collaborates with Line of Business Capture Team Leadership.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved in communication on adaily basis with internal and external parties
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Airbus Defense and Space
LegalView all jobs at Airbus Defense and Space