Tax Consultant (Contract)
Airbus Americas Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The Tax Consultant (Contract) will assist with the tax function of U.S. based corporations. The Temporary Tax Consultant will assist to ensure U.S. federal, state, and local tax compliance with an emphasis on indirect taxation. Tax compliance includes supporting the income tax preparation process, preparing local, property and sales & use tax filings and assisting in preparing income tax provision calculations. Additionally, other ad-hoc tax related projects and research tasks will be assigned.
This assignment is expected to be approximately one (1) year in duration.
Indirect Tax: 60%
- Compliance functions include preparation of state and local Sales and Use Tax returns using Indirect Tax Return Software and ensuring all returns are completed and filed timely and accurately.
- Coordinates sales and use tax payments to ensure accurate and timely payment
- Addresses sales tax compliance issues and discrepancy notices, seeking the most favourable resolution possible
- Assist in various specific tax projects as assigned which may involve research and compliance in sales tax
- Maintains current knowledge of sales and use tax laws, rules and regulations to help the companies stay in compliance and to leverage any opportunities for cost savings; disseminates information as needed to keep others informed
- Assists in analysis of local property and excise taxes
Direct Tax Compliance: 30%
- Calculate income tax adjustments and compile information from multiple sources
- Assist/prepare federal and state returns for domestic C Corps and foreign entities
- Calculates, prepares and files federal, state and local estimated tax payments
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger income tax accounts
- Research tax issues on research websites such as CCH
- Assists with resolution of state income tax audits and notices
- Special Projects
- Tax Provision ASC 740: maintenance of tax payable roll forward and assist in preparation of quarterly/annual provision
- Tax Cash Forecasting
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Required:Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance from an accredited four-year college or university.
- One to five years of experience in the filed or in a related area is required. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office applications
- Strong propensity for spreadsheets, systems and processes
- Tax research skills in CCH platform is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of US Federal income tax code as well as state taxation concepts
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, build strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, work autonomously, and follow thru on projects until completion.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Inquisitive personality with a desire to understand "how things work" and "how to improve processes".
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Strong propensity for MS Office applications (Excel)
- Knowledge of Corptax is preferred
- United States
Decision Making, Complexity:
The Temporary Tax Consultant reports directly to the Tax Manager.
Direct Reports: Exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This role provides income tax services to all Airbus Americas sites in North America (including AHI and D&S divisions), identifying and escalating compliance risk areas in a timely fashion.
- This role ensures tax compliance filings are submitted on a timely basis.
Nature of Contacts:
The Temporary Tax Consultant will work with Compliance Tax Manager and Senior Tax Manager to help oversee the day-to-day workflows of outside tax return preparers.
Includes: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Speaking, Hearing, Vision, Travel
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Airbus Americas