Service Bulletin Engineer - Emerging Talent (Contract)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
- Responsible to produce or revise Service Bulletins in accordance with defined processes and procedures according to program and schedule requirements.
- Review impacted aircraft configurations fleet wide to determine the configuration requirements of the Service Bulletin.
- Analyze digital mockup (DMU), engineering drawings, other design documents, etc. to define the methodology, procedures required in the design of the Service Bulletin.
- Generate list of parts and materials derived from the engineering drawings.
- Define appropriate man-hours to complete Service Bulletin embodiment.
- Define figures, tables, and charts to be included in Service Bulletin. Support the Service Bulletin Illustrators as required to ensure quality of illustrations included in Service Bulletin.
- Define work steps of the Service Bulletin and ensure the proper sequence of steps.
- Provide support as required to internal and external customers.
- Support quality initiatives established by Service Bulletin group in order to decrease the number of Service Bulletin revisions and airline queries. Support process improvements, quality improvement initiatives, etc.
- Perform quality checks on peer's work utilizing the Service Bulletin process, user guides, etc.
- Perform quality checks on external subcontractors and ensure quality is maintained. Support the overall quality plan in regards to external subcontractors.
- Participate/lead open discussions regarding ways of working and on-going projects - support/lead any ongoing improvement initiatives in line with business needs.
- Participate in Service Bulletin validations as required from SB validation managers.
- Coordinate with other Airbus departments on as needed basis.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Ability to read/write/speak English.
- Proficiency with G Suite.
- Team oriented - ability to work as a member of a team with other departments locally and internationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability and experience to lead multi-discipline projects.
- Knowledgeable with aircraft assembly sequences.
- Project management experience desired.
- Minimal type of CAD software experience is desired (preferably CATIA V5).
- Airbus experience with various Airbus programs (A380, A350, LR, SA, WB) utilizing applicable design tools is desired.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Aerospace).
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Get fresh International Aerospace jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.