Quality Management Inspector
- Posted: over a month ago
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader. Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Perform receipt and evaluation inspections of complex components and assemblies using pre-set inspection plans. Ensure compliance with all associated quality procedures, airworthiness control plans, and quality management system requirements.
1. Material Inspections: 75%
2. Records Traceability: 15%
3. Quality Representative: 5%
4. Other duties as assigned: 5%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
· FAA Airframe & Power plant (A&P) License or previous military maintenance certification required.
· Associate degree, two years of college, or technical school in the following disciplines:
- Aerospace engineering
- System engineering
- Electro Mechanical
· At least five years of maintenance experience and knowledge of aircraft operations, systems and practices
· Familiarization with aerospace quality control and quality assurance systems
Licensure / Certifications:
· FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) License or previous military maintenance certification
· Valid driver's license
· Valid passport
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
Aerospace Design knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of aerospace components. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, schematics and ICA operating specifications.
CFRP Chemistry knowledge of composite composition structures and properties of CFRP flight controls and the transformation they undergo while in-service
Quality Management Analysis experience in conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
Complex Problem Solving identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in English)
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Interface with SAP Key User regarding electronic data processing functions and systems support for Quality Management functions/operations
· 5% Domestic and International
· US citizenship is required
Decision Making, Complexity:
· Critical thinking possess the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to non-conformance problems complex problem solving experience in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
· The Quality Management Inspector shall report to the Manager of Quality Operations. If the Manager of Quality Operations is not available, the Inspector shall report to the HO Quality.
Job Dimensions Contributions to Success:
· Applicant must possess the ability to work as a team player and have the desire to access and improve operational situations, where applicable The Inspector's ultimate objective is to assist the business in achieving service goals and external/internal customer requirement
Nature of Contacts:
Applicant must demonstrate the ability to construct and publish written communications that clearly document and describe material deviations and non-conformances to preset technical specifications
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Airbus Americas
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?