Application Support Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
We are seeking a knowledgeable application support engineer to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will include reporting to our senior software engineering team, collaborating with colleagues, and performing successful code migration. You will also be required to provide IT support to our clients.
To ensure success as an application support engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-Notch application support engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.
- Providing software application L3 support under the supervision of the Operations
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Managing code migration and configurations across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors, and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
- Own operation of services: measuring performance, and being responsive to production issues.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- At Least 2+ years demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of front-end and back-end programming languages, such as Node, Python, React.
- Experience in Git as a source code management system.
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Serverless frameworks (AWS Lambda).
- Experience with NoSQL database (Amazon DynamoDB)
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
- Familiarity with big data analytics and visualizations.
- Up to 20% domestic and international
- Authorized to Work in the US
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Airbus Americas