- Expired: March 05, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aira is visual interpreting.
We are an assistive technology company on a mission to remove barriers and make the world more accessible. We operate 24/7/365 in three languages worldwide and provide service wherever there is an internet connection.
Our service is live, human-to-human professional assistance for people who are blind or have low vision. Using the powerful combination of a camera and the Aira app on someone's device of choice, a professionally-trained visual interpreter (an Aira Agent) will assist by visually interpreting what is in the camera's view or on screen, from describing to reading, from explaining to navigating - just about anything, safely and securely.
Aira is used in any industry - such as higher education, technology, retail, healthcare, transportation, and more. Our robust and growing network of partners committed to inclusion and accessibility includes airports, banks, major software companies, financial firms, retailers, and universities. With millions of calls to date, our visual interpreters empower individuals to overcome accessibility barriers every day by providing live, on-demand access to visual information.
By joining this organization, you will have a major impact on the lives of the millions of people worldwide who are blind or have low vision.
From a private workspace free of distractions Agent Managers remotely manage their team. Due to the 24/7 nature of operations Agent Managers are a salaried role, with the flexibility to build a schedule that meets the needs of the team while maintaining flexibility to work outside of their regular schedules.
Objectives of this role:
- Grow a successful, multi-million dollar business: drive customer satisfaction by leveraging your business acumen, efficiency and problem solving skills to develop the best team of Visual Interpreters
- Nurture talent & lead a team: engage the hearts and minds of your team and develop their skills so that they realize their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving team members
- Inspire Others: become a dynamic brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team
- Impact the Blind and Low Vision Community: integrate your business acumen with the community to create better experiences in peoples' lives, from our Access partners to our Explorers, and our people.
- Develop a deep understanding of how Aira delivers value to our clients
- Communicate organizational strategy throughout the Agent Services team
- Work broadly between teams within Service Delivery collaborating with cross functional departments such as: Recruiting, Hiring, Learning and Development, Operations and Human Resources to drive growth and results
- Participate in identifying team KPIs, creating procedures, and holding individuals accountable to meeting expectations
- Maintain personal accountability for performance as it relates to achieving or exceeding Agent Manager KPI targets
- Regularly review calls and provide Agents with consistent coaching and support to achieve KPIs
- Handle call escalation professionally while demonstrating deep understanding of business processes and make recommendations to improve processes based on patterns in escalated calls
- Develop and retain top talent on the Agent Services team
- Anticipate business risks as well as opportunities and develop solutions and proposals respectively to mitigate negative outcomes or exploit opportunities
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to collaborate with the Learning and Development team to continuously improve Agent training
- Execute on department strategy to improve Agent Services overall performance in alignment with greater company initiatives and goals
- Work in accordance with Aira's policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Experience simultaneously managing and developing 15+ individual contributors
- 5 years minimum customer service experience
- 2 years minimum managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Team player who takes ownership of (and pride in) their work
- Able to take initiative and work independently and as a member of a team
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Must be proficient in Google Docs, Google Sheets, No Code Databases, Data Visualization
- Champion for operational improvements and change management
- Ability to navigate in a high paced and ambiguous environment
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to develop project plans collaborate cross functionally, and deliver on deadlines
- Work well with varying levels of management while maintaining positive working relationships with customers, peers and other team members
- We are powered by people
- We pursue excellence & hold ourselves accountable for results
- We embrace change and agility
- We act with integrity, transparency, dignity and respect
- We are champions of inclusion, diversity and accessibility
Aira's Operating Principles
- Agility: We reconsider priorities and solutions when presented with new information, scenarios, and opportunities.
- Focus: We operate with a plan, based on our roadmap and aligned to our priorities.
- Diversity: We embrace a workplace that celebrates personal differences and the way those differences make us all stronger.
- Scalability: We expect and demand repeatable, documented processes to replace ad-hoc operations, so we can scale growth and support career movement.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We make financial (or investment) decisions using radical optimism coupled with disciplined, fiscal conservatism.
- Transparency: We (Employees and Agent Staff) engage in open, honest, and direct, 2-way communication because we trust one another.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: We support the community in matters related to health, employment and independent living. This includes making our service available as broadly as possible to support these commitments.
- Opportunity to shape a new profession
- Remote Flexibility
- Employer Sponsored Healthcare
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock Options
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Aira
Get fresh Assistant Insurance Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.