AirPro Diagnostics, a leader in providing diagnostic solutions to the automotive repair industry, is growing fast. We are looking for positive and professional team players with a passion for cars and a desire to ensure the safe drivability of vehicles, to join our team as an Automotive Diagnostic Scan Facilitator
Automotive Diagnostic Scan Facilitator - This is an entry level position that does not require previous diagnostic experience.
The Automotive Diagnostic Scan Facilitator works within our client's automotive repair facility in tandem with our staff of Automotive Diagnostics Specialists in our Centers of Excellence to assist in facilitating pre-repair (diagnostic) scans post repair (completion) scans using the AirPro scan tool on vehicles involved in collisions. The goal is to maximize the diagnostic, calibration and programming services AirPro Diagnostics provides to our clients.
This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain exposure to the collision repair industry while working for a company poised to change it for the better. Exposure to a shop environment is preferred.
Essential Functions (Primary duties are completed in an automotive repair shop environment)
- Prepare vehicles and initiate all diagnostic scans using the AirPro scan tool, ensuring proper requirements are met.
- Ensure all vehicles are pre-repair (diagnostic) and post-repair (completion) scans.
- Serve as AirPro primary client contact for the diagnostic service process to local shops and insurers.
- Perform basic minor physical repairs to damaged vehicles such as checking and replacing fuses and/or checking electrical connectors that may be impacting the scan process.
- Work with repair facility management to maximize thru-put and fully recognize shop revenue potential.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training sessions to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Adhere to all company and shop policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
- Perform visual inspections on the vehicle while scan is in process and alert shop to possible unseen damages.
- Once trained; assist in the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) calibration process by setting up shop targets and ensuring that OEM target requirements are met.
- At least 1 year of experience in a shop environment.
- Good computer aptitude
- Working knowledge of vehicle operations
- Understands basic automobile industry concepts and terminology
- Intermediate computer skills; comfortable working with computer programs including MS Office suite
- Self-motivated, high energy and a client-focused perspective
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to self-manage
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to quickly learn how to evaluate information and data to provide interpretation of technical information to shop personnel.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Comfortable working in a shop environment with exposure to dust, heat, paint fumes, etc.
Training provided by AirPro Diagnostics