What's the Job?
Our Welder/Metal Finisher will layout, fit, align, weld, and fabricate metal components and weldments to engineering specifications for high-quality, heavy-duty centrifugal fans in industrial applications. Fabricated part preparation includes but not limited to grinding, bending, and rolling of parts.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to be a team player in a team driven environment
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment necessary to complete the job duties.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Obtain and train new skills to aid quality in production
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Certificate in welding from technical school preferred
- AWS certification preferred.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 -75 lbs. regularly and 100 lbs. occasionally. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Noise level is moderate to high. Majority of work is performed indoors. Temperatures can range from hot to cold.
Job Duties & Skills
To be successful in this job with AirPro, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. You will:
- Finish material to required specifications/finishes with grinding tools
- Weld various metals including but not limited to carbon steel, alloyed carbon steel (e.g., Corten, T1), stainless steel (e.g. 304L, 316L, etc.), aluminum, and nickel alloys (e.g. Hastelloy, Inconel, etc.).
- Work from drawings/blueprints
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, tools, attachments, and materials on weld tables
- Set up and operate TIG and MIG welding equipment as well as sheet metal fabricating and forming machines such as press brakes and shears and plasma burning equipment to produce parts in accordance with the specification
- Utilize a forklift and/or crane according to standard operating procedure, safety regulations, and practices
- Fit up and tack weld as necessary using care and judgment to compensate for shrink or distortions
- Regularly check work to verify dimensions, ensure compliance to specifications and make necessary adjustment or corrections
- Confer with engineers and production personnel to resolve machining or assembly issues
- Perform routine maintenance on primary equipment
- Remove all slag, burrs, and sharps edges from finished assemblies
- Complete all required documentation including entering all job into ERP software
- Ensure quality standards and processes are used
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure safety guidelines are being met
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use approved safety shoes, safety glasses, and earplugs
- Perform all job duties in a manner safe to self and others
- MIG and TIG Welders
- Hand Polishers
- Overhead Crane
- Hand tools
- Pinch Roller
- Iron Worker
- Band Saws
- Plasma Cutter
AirPro Fan & Blower Co.Rhinelander, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.